WIFI & SIM Card
Pocket Wi-Fi Rental
Stay connected at all times with a handy pocket-size Wi-Fi device! Simply pick it up at an airport of your choice and switch it on when needed—traveling without one will never be the same!
What is "Pocket Wi-Fi"?  It's a compact modem and router in one, small enough to carry with you so you can stay connected on up to 5 compatible devices within a 10-meter range during your stay in Taiwan. It gives you a secure, consistent and fast internet connection, while saving a fortune on data roaming fees.
Speed: Up to 150Mbps (Connect up to 5 devices simultaneously)
Dimensions: 112 mm x 64 mm x 16.2 mm /140g
Battery Life: About 8–10 hours on a single full charge
Data Usage: 500MB/day (Average daily usage of travelers: 125MB/day)
Connection  You can connect up to 5 devices to 1 Pocket Wi-Fi simultaneously.
(Please note that the connection speed will be shared among each device connected, so having 5 devices connected at the same time could result in noticeable speed slowdown. A fully charged battery lasts around 10 hours.)
Data Usage  You have 500MB high-speed data usage every day (4G LTE). If you go beyond this, the data speed will drop to 256Kbps and will only be restored at 12:00 midnight (local time). To avoid, simply refrain from heavy downloading/uploading activities such as excessive video streaming and downloading large files. Unless you use Pocket Wi-Fi for activities like these, it is unlikely that you'll exceed your allocated usage.
Network Coverage  Network covers everywhere in Taiwan (weak signal at Ali Mountain and Penghu Bay area)
‼When booking, please note that the term "Traveler(s)" actually represents the number of rental days. (Cost of 1 "Traveler" = 1 day's rental fee)
‼One Pocket Wi-Fi device will be provided per booking. If you'd like to rent extra devices, please make separate bookings.
1. Book Online
After selecting the device, choose your rental dates and make the payment. A booking confirmation email will be sent to you upon reservation. To ensure availability, we recommend placing your order at least 3 days prior to your date of departure.
Collect your Pocket Wi-Fi at Shanghai Pudong International Airport. Please show your phone number or booking number to the staff to collect your device.
After usage, please return your Pocket Wi-Fi at Shanghai Pudong International Airport. After which, your deposit will be returned to your credit card.
Collection & Return Points
Please choose one of our airport service counters (select from the list below) where you will pick up and return your Pocket Wi-Fi, and submit this information in the "Special Request" section when booking online.
Shanghai Pudong International Airport Service Counters
Terminal 1: "途鸽Wi-Fi"
Terminal 2: "途鸽Wi-Fi"
Please remember to let us know which airport counter will be most convenient for you in the "Special Request" section below.
Total = (Daily rental fee x Number of days*) + Deposit**
*The rental period commences on your pickup date and expires upon your designated return date.
**Please pay a deposit of CNY500 directly to the staff at the airport service counter. Payable by cash or credit card at your chosen counter. You can use the following credit cards:
The deposit will be refunded to your account after your Pocket Wi-Fi has been returned.
How to Use
1. Switch on the TGT Wi-Fi device by holding down the power button until it lights up (2–3 seconds).
2. Search for Wi-Fi networks on your smartphone or computer.
3. Choose the SSID number labeled on your Wi-Fi device.
4. Enter the KEY (or password) as found on the Wi-Fi device.
5. You should now be connected!
Most issues will be resolved by following the steps below:
1. Check the network coverage of your location
If the network signal is weak, it means you are outside the service area. Please move to an area where the signal is stronger. If there is no coverage in your area, your Wi-Fi device will not work.
2. Restart/ Reset Wi-Fi device
Refer to the below picture to reset your Wi-Fi device.
What's included in the rental package?
Wi-Fi Device x1 | USB Cable | Charging Plug | Carrying Case
1.Charge your Wi-Fi device for 3–5 hours before using it for the first time.
2. Battery life is 8-10 hours for continuous usage and the speed is impacted by the number of devices connected to the device.
3. Up to 5 devices can be connected simultaneously within a 10-meter range.
4. Signal performance relies on your local network coverage. If your device isn’t functioning as it should, please move to a space where the signal is stronger and restart the device.
* Please note:
• Please return the full rental package (collectively referred to as the "Equipment") before or on the agreed return date. Failure to receive the Equipment, or any portion of the Equipment after the agreed return date will result in a daily penalty fee of CNY20 being charged until it is returned. If the Equipment is not returned within 7 days after your agreed return date, your deposit will not be refunded as a result of equipment loss.
• The Equipment shall be returned in good working order and condition. Otherwise charges will be applied as following:
◊Wi-Fi device: CNY 500/unit
◊Device carrying case: CNY 50/pc
◊Charging plug or USB cable: CNY 25/pc
◊Device screen damage: CNY 200/pc
◊Device shell/button damage: CNY 100/pc
1) Highspeed data usage (500MB/day)
2) WiFi Device x1
3) USB Cable x1
4) Charging Plug x1
5) Carrying Case x1
1) Deposit (CNY 500/unit)
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
1.Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. If you cancel before 12:00 p.m. at least 2 days in advance of the agreed pickup date, no cancellation fee will be charged. If you cancel after 12:00 p.m. less than 2 days before the agreed pickup date, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
2.Currently payment is only accepted by credit card. Once payment clears, Ctrip will send you a confirmation email with your booking details. If payment fails, your booking will automatically be canceled. To ensure a smooth payment process, we recommend you contact your credit card provider in advance.
3.This is a wireless modem rental service, along with accessories (collectively the “Equipment”), for people who plan to visit Taiwan from China. We do not offer Equipment for sale on this website.
4.When booking the rental device, your arrival and departure dates need to be provided. The Equipment will then be picked up by you at a specified airport. It is your responsibility to pick up the Equipment on the specified date, inspect all Equipment upon receipt and verify that it is in good working order.
5.All Equipment must be returned in person at the specified airport counter. The Equipment shall be returned in good working order and condition. You assume all risks of loss and damage to the Equipment.
6.Rental fees for the use of our Equipment are assessed commencing as of the pickup date and ending as of the date on which the Equipment is returned. Our current rental fee schedule is posted on our website and may be amended from time to time upon prior notice. To make a booking, we require you to make a payment of the anticipated charges and a deposit of CNY500. The deposit will be refunded to your credit card after the Equipment has been returned.
7.We will bill charges for damage or loss of Equipment and apply them toward the deposit. A fee of CNY500 will be levied upon the customer in the event of loss of each Wi-Fi device rented. Ctrip will not accept replacement devices as a substitute for any of these fees.
8.By using this service, you agree and acknowledge you are renting Equipment for travel purposes only, and that you will acquire no rights in the Equipment.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Minimum 4 travellers for the tour to run
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.