Day Tour | Group Tour
Daily | Book 1 day before
Sanhsia Tsushih Temple | Sanhsia Old Street | Yingko's Pottery Factory & Showroom | Yingge Old Street
Explore traditional Taiwanese folk art which takes its inspiration from the island's temple culture and religion. Visit the Sanhsia Tsu Shih Temple and admire its ornate roofs, altars and impressive statuary. Then take a stroll down Sanhsia Old Street past beautiful traditional houses and shops selling dyes and ceramics. Stop at Yingko's Pottery Factory and Showroom to discover a range of exquisite replica vases before making a final stop on Yingge Ceramic Street where you will find plenty of souvenir ideas, from earthen flutes to traditional ceramic vases.
1:00 p.m. Taipei downtown hotel pickup
2:00 p.m. Folk Arts Tour (about 3.5 hours)
First, visit one of Taipei's most famous and beautiful temples. Built in 1769, the Sanhsia Tsu Shih Temple underwent some painstaking restoration during the second half of the 20th century—principally by artist Li Mei-Shu—which is now recognized as some of the finest in Taiwan. The temple is testament to how Taiwanese temple culture and religion have inspired a great deal of folk art, from its ornate roof and altars to its exquisitely sculptured stone columns featuring birds, dragons, sages and gods. The temple's Chinese cypress and camphor ceiling and beams, covered in gold leaf, are also a feast for the eyes.
Then take a walk down Sanhsia Old Street, a 200 m (218 yd) long street graced with hundreds of old street-houses built in the traditional architectural style, mixed with Baroque and Japanese influences. You will find plenty of souvenirs in the shops lining the street which sell different types of crafts, including ceramics and dyes.
Afterwards, visit Yingko's Pottery Factory & Showroom where hand-painted replicas of elegant Ming and Qing vases are crafted.
Lastly, take a stroll down Yingge Old Street, where you will find a display of pottery and ceramics, an ideal place to buy local souvenirs such as earthen flutes or elegant vases.
6:00 p.m. Transfer to hotel
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Children under the age of 2 are free of charge, which is based on no seat occupancy.
• Children 2-11 years old are entitled to a discount, please check the price published onsite.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 4 days in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 10:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call us @(+886)-2-25635313/25634621/25416785 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.