Day Tour | Group Tour
Daily | Book 1 day before
Chiufen Village | Pitou Cape | Nanya Rock Formations | Bay of Two Colors
Wander the narrow alleys of Chiufen Village (Jiufen Village) and try and imagine what this former gold mining center was like in its heyday. Shop for souvenirs, admire the many closely-packed buildings and get fabulous views of the ocean from this once-prosperous settlement. Then check out some of Taiwan's most beautiful stretches of coastline including the weird and wonderful Nanya Rock Formations and the Pitou Cape, both shaped by the powers of nature. Also view the Bay of Two Colors, which, as the name suggests, displays an unusual mix of colors in its waters.
1:00-1:30 p.m. Taipei downtown hotel pickup
2:00 p.m. Chiufen Village (about 3.5 hours)
First head to Chiufen Village, passing through Chinkuashih Village on the way. Once both gold mining centers, the gold is long since gone, but these villages offer wonderful scenery and glimpses into the lifestyle of the past.
Chuifen Village, dates back to the Qing dynasty and once housed just nine families. Upon the discovery of gold, however, it became a prosperous mining town until the 1950s. Famous for its teahouses and spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, it was also the setting for the movie A City of Sadness which has increased its fame. Wander its old commercial district, pedestrian streets and narrow alleys amidst the closely-packed houses which cling to the steep mountainside. If you wish, you can also sample some local specialties or pick up some handicrafts or souvenirs in the many small stores.
Then head to Pitou Cape, for beautiful views of the sea-eroded cliffs and of the geological formations which characterize this area of Taiwan's coast.
Also visit the Nanya Rock Formations, a diverse array of natural sculptures created by wind and waves which appear on the coral shoreline.
Your final stop will be the Bay of Two Colors where you'll view a peculiar mixture of blue and yellow in the sea, the result of large amounts of mineral deposits in the waters.
6:00 p.m. Transfer to hotel
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Children under the age of 2 are free of charge, which is based on no seat occupancy.
• Children 2-11 years old are entitled to a discount, please check the price published onsite.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 4 days in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 10:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call us @(+886)-2-25635313/25634621/25416785 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.