Multi-Day Tour | Private Tour
Daily | Book 3 days before
Tiger Leaping Gorge Trekking
Tiger Leaping Gorge (虎跳峡)
A thin, winding trail hugs the side of the Haba Xue Shan (哈巴雪山) range as the white-capped waters of the Jinsha River (Jīnshā Jiāng, 金沙江; part of the Yangtze River) swirl far below and the steep mountain slope and craggy peaks of the Yulong Xue Shan range rise on the other side. The trek along the high trail (essentially the only trail since the lower trail was paved) starts near Qiaotou (桥头) and goes up and down the side of the mountains until it descends again at the far side near Middle Tiger Leaping Stone (中虎跳石). Hiking the trail will tire any traveler, especially sections like the upward-climbing 24 Bends (24道拐) and takes about two days from one far end to the other.
Day 1 Lijiang arrival
8:00 a.m. Pickup from your Lijiang hotel that you've arranged in downtown (at your own expense).
10:00 a.m. Arrive at Qiaotou, start to trek
12:00 p.m. Lunch at Naxi family guesthouse
1:00 p.m. Keep hiking up through the 28-Bend, which is the hardest part of this trail
4:00 p.m. Arrive at Tea & Horse guesthouse.
Stay overnight at the guesthouse.
Day 2 Lijiang arrival
8:00 a.m. Hike through the flat trail, till reach the Halfway Guesthouse (about 2,500m/3 hrs). Keep hiking, you will see Guanyin Waterfall on the way. (1h)
12:00 p.m. Lunch at Tina's guesthouse
1:30 p.m. Drive back to Lijiang.
4:00 p.m. Arrive at Lijiang hotel
Optional: Trekking down to the bottom of Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge (CNY50 at your own expense)
You could take a hour walking down the steep cliff to the bank of Jinsha River to the Middle Gorge (Middle Hutiao or Middle Rapids), worship the dangerours shoal of "Starriness", it is the most narrow part of the gorge, where a tiger can easily jump over the Jinsha River. Then climb up the gorge to Walnut Grove (Woody's Guesthouse) using either the Tianti or YiXi'antian route. Depending on how tired, choose the one to suit on the day. So from Middle Hutiao to Walnut Grove will take 2 or 3 hours and hence the total.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Accommodation, admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Single room supplement
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 7 days in advance.
• If you cancel 4-6 days prior, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
• If you cancel within 3 days prior, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 11:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Lydia @13668720322 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.