Day Tour | Private Tour
Daily | Book 3 days before
Shigu Town | First Bend in the Yangtze River | Tiger Leaping Gorge | Zhiyun Lamasery
First Bend in the Yangtze River (长江第一湾)
At the First Bend in the Yangtze River, the south-running waters suddenly turn back north because of a massive V-shape in the nearby mountain range. The fertile soil deposited by the river drew people to the area and the village of Shigu (石鼓) came into being. This town has been an important stop on the trade route between Yunnan and Tibet and a meeting point for local peoples for centuries. Tibetans bring their quality fell, hide and herbal medicine to market and take back necessities like salt, tea and cloth. Several times a month, the still active market makes little Shigu into a lively place as traders come into town.
Tiger Leaping Gorge (虎跳峡)
A thin, winding trail hugs the side of the Haba Xue Shan (哈巴雪山) range as the white-capped waters of the Jinsha River (Jīnshā Jiāng, 金沙江; part of the Yangtze River) swirl far below and the steep mountain slope and craggy peaks of the Yulong Xue Shan range rise on the other side. The trek along the high trail (essentially the only trail since the lower trail was paved) starts near Qiaotou (桥头) and goes up and down the side of the mountains until it descends again at the far side near Middle Tiger Leaping Stone (中虎跳石). Hiking the trail will tire any traveler, especially sections like the upward-climbing 24 Bends (24道拐) and takes about two days from one far end to the other.
9:00 a.m. Lijiang downtown hotel pickup
First Bend in the Yangtze River
12:30 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant
1:00 p.m. Tiger Leaping Gorge (about 2 hours)
On the way back to your hotel, there will also be a stop at Zhiyun Lamasery.
5:30 p.m. Drive back to your hotel
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Maintenance fee of Lijiang Ancient Town (CNY80/person, only charge once within a month)
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 7 days in advance.
• If you cancel 4-6 days prior, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
• If you cancel within 3 days prior, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 11:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Ring @13888143650 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.