Day Tour | Private Tour
Daily | Book 3 days before
Baishui River | Baisha Frescoes | Lijiang Ancient Town
Baishui River (白水江)
The name Baishui means "white water" and the White Water River gets its name not from rapids, but from its clear and sometimes milky blue glacial water that comes filtered and pure from the mountains into the riverbed. The water is icy cold year round (in other times local women would test their beaus' love by seeing how long they could tolerate the biting cold water), and the surroundings are always impressive. The mountains form the backdrop and foliage lines the banks—lush and green in spring (early summer's rhododendrons are not to be missed) and vibrant and bronzed with fall's colors. You can hike along the river's edge or ride on a horse or yak. There are lovely views from the nearby foothills.
Baisha Frescoes (白沙壁画)
Baisha, a charming Naxi town some 8 km (5 mi) north of Lijiang, is home to the best remaining frescoes, and the town is worth a visit on its other merits. Baisha, which was actually the capital of a Naxi kingdom prior to absorption into China, makes for a great day trip from Lijiang; most visitors arrive by bicycle after a pleasant ride that takes about an hour. It's also part of the Lijiang Old Town UNESCO World Heritage site along with Dayan and Shuhe.
Lijiang Ancient Town (大研古城)
When people talk about Lijiang old town, they're usually referring to Dayan. The UNESCO World Heritage Site Lijiang old town, also includes the nearby villages of Baisha and Shuhe as well as Dayan. This area survived a 1996 earthquake that leveled most of the modern buildings in town. In the wake of the disaster, Dayan gained fame as a quaint and authentic outpost of Yunnan culture and architecture and went from backpacker secret to tour package feature.
9:00 a.m. Lijiang hotel pickup
10:00 a.m. Baishui River
12:00 p.m. Lunch at a restaurant in the mountain or at Baisha village (depending on time)
2:00 p.m. Baisha Frescoes
4:00 p.m. Lijiang Ancient Town
6:00 p.m. Drive back to your hotel
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 7 days in advance.
• If you cancel 4-6 days prior, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
• If you cancel within 3 days prior, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 11:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Lydia @13668720322 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.