Multi-Day Tour | No-Shopping | Nearby Travel | Group Tour
Wed.Sat | Book 1 day before
Chengdu | Jiuzhaigou
#D2 Jiuzhaigou | #D3 Huanglong National Park
Jiuzhaigou National Park (九寨沟)
The park retains the primeval beauty of its famed multicolored lakes, stair-step waterfalls and mixed evergreen and deciduous forests while also prioritizing access and accommodation—hotel rooms for some 20,000 peak-season visitors stand by just outside of the protected zone. It's no longer permissible to go backcountry camping, leaving regulated day visits the only legal option, and that means that you'll have plenty of company if you visit between late spring and early autumn. Crowds notwithstanding, the uncanny colors of Jiuzhaigou's waters set against the evergreen slopes of the southern reaches of the Minshan Mountains are well worth the effort.
The park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is of particular note for not only preserving the valley's natural splendor but also for providing protection for its centuries-old namesake nine Tibetan and Qiang villages. The part of the park open to tourists is only a tiny part of the full reserve but includes unforgettable scenes. The visitor route through the park is plied by environmentally friendly buses; there are also well-marked walkways, trails directing tourists along the way (most signs are in Chinese and English). Give yourself a full day to explore.
The name Huanglong resonates for Chinese with the same kind of vibrancy as "Yellowstone" does for Americans, signifying such rugged alpine purity and spectacular natural beauty that it's more than just a gorgeous destination—it's a national treasure (and UNESCO World Heritage Site).
As such, long with nearby Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong National Park has become an enormously popular destination for urban Chinese eager to experience something of what's left of China's western wilderness. And Huanglong's snow-capped peaks, dramatic waterfalls, mineral-laden hot springs, multi-hued calcite-infused pools, thick forests and wildlife do not disappoint.
Day 1 Chengdu-Jiuzhaigou
6:30 a.m. Hotel pickup and transfer to tourist bus station, board the bus with reserved tickets.
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 2nd Ring Road of Chengdu, otherwise additional charge applies.
8:00 a.m. Enjoy the bus tour and the mountain, gorge, lake landscape on the way.
4:30 p.m. You will be picked up at the bus terminal and transfer to hotel.
Stay overnight at hotels situated in Jiuzhaigou town
Day 2 Jiuzhaigou (with breakfast)
8:00 a.m. Hotel pickup and transfer to the entrance of Jiuzhaigou, starting the wonderful day tour in Jiuzhaigou accompanied by tour guide.
9:00 a.m. Full day tour in Jiuzhaigou National Park to enjoy all three valleys including many colorful lakes, gushing waterfalls and pristine forest. Tour guide organize the picnic in the park (cost on tourists), and an amazing 6.5km trek along 4 iconic lakes of Jiuzhaigou in the afternoon.
Stay overnight at hotels situated in Jiuzhaigou town
Day 3 Jiuzhaigou-Huanglong-Chuanzhusi (with breakfast)
8:00 a.m. Hotel pickup and transfer to Huanglong Park (about 3 hours)
11:30 a.m. Hike up to the top of Huanglong Park, view the hundreds of colorful lakes on the way, then hike downhill to the entrance. (about 4 hours)
You can take cable car going downhill (at your own expense)
3:30 a.m. Transfer from Huanglong to Chuanzhusi Town
Stay overnight at hotels situated in Chuanzhusi town
Day 4 Chuanzhusi-Chengdu departure
7:00 a.m. Hotel pickup and transfer to the tourist bus station
8:00 a.m. Take bus back to Chengdu tourist bus station (about 7 hours)
1) Tourist Bus transfer from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou, Chuanzhusi to Chengdu
2) English-speaking guide service
3) Accommodation, admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
4) Travel Accident Insurance
1) Single room supplement
2) Lunches and Dinners
3) Picnic inside Jiuzhaigou national park
4) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
5) Tips to tour guide and driver, you are suggested to tip them 5 USD/day in total
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Children under the age of 2 are free of charge, which is based on no seat occupancy.
• Children 2-8 years old and shorter than 1.2m are entitled to a discount (which is based on an extra bed occupancy), please check the price published onsite.
• Children 2-8 years old but over 1.2m in height are required to pay an additional fee on site.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Joy @15882098278 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.