Multi-Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
Wed.Fri.Sun | Book 1 day before
#D1 Chengdu Panda Base | Leshan Giant Buddha | Emei Shan | #D2 Emei Shan | Ctrip Recommends
Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (成都大熊猫繁育研究基地)
The Base is home to over 80 of China's iconic pandas. Most are of the familiar black and white variety, but the Base is also home to a number of the smaller, lesser-known red pandas. You'll view the animals eating and at play in a carefully maintained habitat that is as close to their natural environment as possible. You'll also learn how scientists and ecologists are working to protect the few remaining wild pandas and expand the captive population. On that last note, over 100 bears have been born at the Base since 1987.The Base became even more important after the Sichuan earthquake of 2008, with eight bears sent here from the badly damaged Wolong reserve. Your visit provides both moral and financial support for the ongoing conservation effort.
Leshan's Giant Buddha (乐山大佛)
Dafo, at 71 m (233 ft) in height, is the world's largest stone-carved Buddha. Cut from the cliffs of Lingyun Shan and looming over the meeting of the Min and Dadu rivers and facing distant Emei Shan, the 400-year old world wonder is a sight to behold. Just as amazing are the beautiful mountain views from atop the Buddha's head and the Lingyun Temple Museum documenting the amazing story of the building of Dafo by the determined Tang Dynasty monk Haitong.
Emei Shan (峨眉山)
The mountain is huge—its long profile, seen from a distance, gives it its name, which translates to "Eyebrow Mountain" (one belonging to a beautiful woman, of course)—and you can easily spend two or three days trekking about, sleeping in temple guest houses and exploring both natural and man-made sites. Sunrise from Jinding, also known as the Golden Summit, can be exquisite. If you're lucky, you might catch sight of "Buddha's Aureole," (Fó Guāng, 佛光) a phenomonon in which your shadow, cast against clouds beneath the peak, takes on a rainbow aura. For more on individual Emei Shan attractions, from Baoguo Temple to Wanfo Ding (Ten Thousand Buddha Summit), visit our Emei Shan Attractions page.
Day 1 Chengdu-Le Shan-Emei Shan
7:00 a.m. Chengdu downtown hotel pickup and transfer to Panda Research Base
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 2nd Ring Road of Chengdu, otherwise additional charge applies.
9:30 a.m. Visit rooms of adult pandas, sub-adult pandas and baby pandas, you can see they are happy eating bamboo and playing around in the morning. (about 1.5 hours)
1:00 p.m. Driving from Chengdu to Giant Buddha in Leshan city, including lunch time
3:00 p.m. Travel the Buddha mountain, from the head of the gigantic Buddha to his enormous toes. (about 2.5 hours)
Alternative: Taking Boat from the ferry to the river in front of Buddha
6:00 p.m. Continue to travel to the foot of Emei Shan
7:00 p.m. Sightseeing and dining in the Gourmet Street (at your own expense)
Stay overnight at the hotel situated in Baoguo Temple area
Day 2 Emei Shan-Chengdu departure (includes breakfast)
7:00 a.m. Going up to Golden Submit by bus and cable car (at your own expense)
10:00 a.m. Sightseeing at Golden Submit, visit Huazang Temple, enjoy the magnificent view of the clouds, mountains, forest.
12:00 p.m. Take Sightseeing bus down to Wannian Temple, located in middle of the mountain.
1:00 p.m. Trekking along the path of essential scenic zone to visit Wannian Temple, Qingyin Pavilion, Moneky Zone, etc, walk down hill to WuxianGang. (about 4 hours)
6:00 p.m. Take Bullet Train back to Chengdu (about 1.5 hours)
Tour ends at Chengdu Railway Station.
1) Bullet High Speed Train from Mt. Emei to Chengdu
2) English-speaking guide service
3) Accommodation, admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
4) Travel Accident Insurance
1) Single room supplement
2) Lunches and Dinners
3) Round-way Cable Car to and from Golden Submit (120RMB)
4) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
5) Tips to tour guide and driver, you are suggested to tip them 5 USD/day in total
• Photocopy of the valid passport photo page is required for purchasing the train tickets. Please email the photocopy to email@example.com.
• The ticket will be delivered to you. Please provide valid China address (in Chinese characters if possible) including postal code while booking.
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Children under the age of 2 are free of charge, which is based on no seat occupancy.
• Children 2-8 years old and shorter than 1.2m are entitled to a discount (which is based on an extra bed occupancy), please check the price published onsite.
• Children 2-8 years old but over 1.2m in height are required to pay an additional fee on site.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
• Besides the cancellation fee, penalties from train companies apply if train tickets are issued.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Joy @15882098278 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.