Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
Wed.Fri.Sun | Book 1 day before
Chengdu Panda Base | Leshan Giant Buddha | Hot!
Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (成都大熊猫繁育研究基地)
The Base is home to over 80 of China's iconic pandas. Most are of the familiar black and white variety, but the Base is also home to a number of the smaller, lesser-known red pandas. You'll view the animals eating and at play in a carefully maintained habitat that is as close to their natural environment as possible. You'll also learn how scientists and ecologists are working to protect the few remaining wild pandas and expand the captive population. On that last note, over 100 bears have been born at the Base since 1987.The Base became even more important after the Sichuan earthquake of 2008, with eight bears sent here from the badly damaged Wolong reserve. Your visit provides both moral and financial support for the ongoing conservation effort.
Leshan's Giant Buddha (乐山大佛)
Dafo, at 71 m (233 ft) in height, is the world's largest stone-carved Buddha. Cut from the cliffs of Lingyun Shan and looming over the meeting of the Min and Dadu rivers and facing distant Emei Shan, the 400-year old world wonder is a sight to behold. Just as amazing are the beautiful mountain views from atop the Buddha's head and the Lingyun Temple Museum documenting the amazing story of the building of Dafo by the determined Tang Dynasty monk Haitong.
7:00-8:00 a.m. Chengdu downtown hotel pickup and transfer to Panda Research Base (about 1 hour)
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 2nd Ring Road of Chengdu, otherwise additional charge applies.
9:00 a.m. Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (about 2.5 hours)
Visit rooms of adult pandas, sub-adult pandas and baby pandas, you can see they are eating bamboo and playing around in the morning.
1:00 p.m. Driving from Chengdu and transfer to Giant Buddha in Leshan city (about 2 hours)
3:00 p.m. Leshan's Giant Buddha (about 2 hours)
Travel the Buddha mountain, from the head of the gigantic Buddha to his enormous toes. (Alternative: Taking Boat from the ferry to the river in front of Buddha)
5:30 p.m. Transfer from Leshan to Chengdu (about 2.5 hours)
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in details
3) Travel Accident Insurance
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Children under the age of 2 are free of charge, which is based on no seat occupancy.
• Children 2-8 years old and shorter than 1.2m are entitled to a discount (which is based on an extra bed occupancy), please check the price published onsite.
• Children 2-8 years old but over 1.2m in height are required to pay an additional fee on site.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Joy @15882098278 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.