Day Tour | No-Shopping | Private Tour
Daily | Book 3 days before
Dujiangyan | Qingcheng Shan
Dujiangyan Irrigation Project (都江堰水利工程)
The Dujiangyan Irrigation System is an incredible ancient feat of engineering on par in its ingenuity and sophistication with the Great Wall and Grand Canal. Dating back some 2,000 years, the system addressed two of the biggest problems besetting China's rulers: controlling flood-prone waterways and delivering much-needed water to parched land.Dujiangyan is roughly 60 km (37 mi) from Chengdu and is the site where a third-century BC official and engineer named Li Bing devised a scheme (still in use and much expanded today) to both control the dangerous Min River and use its waters to irrigate the surrounding farmland. For this, Li Bing remains a national hero of near mythic status, as attested to by the temple honoring the man and his achievements found at Dujiangyan. Walk across the An Lan Suspension Bridge, one of the old style bridges that spans the Min River. Built in 1,000 AD it remains a thrilling experience to cross.
Qingcheng Shan (青城山)
Qingcheng Shan is one of the ancient cradles of Taoism. Numerous Taoist temples dot the mountain's slopes, along adjoining paths which lead to the peak. The mountain is relatively low, at 1,600 m (6,250 ft) above sea level, remaining pleasantly green year round. Well-maintained trails offer numerous spots for relaxing and enjoying the view.
8:00 a.m. Chengdu downtown hotel pickup
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 3rd Ring Road of Chengdu, otherwise additional charge applies.
9:30 a.m. Dujiangyan Irrigation Project (about 2 hours)
11:30 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense)
12:30 p.m. Qingcheng Shan (about 4 hours)
6:30 p.m. Transfer to hotel
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in details
3) Travel Accident Insurance
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted about 2 days before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Jonathan @13808213375 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.