Saturdays & Sundays
8:00 a.m. Zhangjiajie downtown hotel pickup
9:30 a.m. Tianmen Mountain Cableway (Tiānmén Shān Suǒdào, 天门山索道) (about 40 minutes)
Get ready to take the world's longest gondola up to Tianmen Mountain! The Tianmen Mountain Cableway is claimed in tourist publications as the "longest passenger cable way of high mountains in the world," with 98 cars, total length of 7,455 meters, and ascent of 1,279 meters at an unusual grade of 37 degrees.
11:30 a.m. Glass Sky Walk (Bōli Zhàndào, 玻璃栈道) (about 2 hours) Walk on miles of paths built onto the cliff face at the top of the mountain, including sections with glass floors, which is also known as the Sky Walk.
2:00 p.m. Tianmen Cave (Tiānmén Dòng, 天门洞) (about 1.5 hours)
Tianmen Cave is a natural grotto on the precipices of a height of 131.5 meters. This magnificent cave is like the door to heaven; it looks like the junction of common world and the place where god lives. You may need to walk up 999 steps to reach the cave, it will be tried but lucky, because '9' is the biggest number in Chinese culture and 999 means an eternal/forever life. There is also an escalator option available for an additional fee (CNY32 per person).
4:00 p.m. Return to hotel
Optional: Tianmen Fox Fairy Show
In the evening, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy the famous Tianmen Fox Fairy Show, the performance of a traditional folk tale featuring music, dance, song and lighting effects. Set at the foot of Tianmen Shan, the mountains and valleys serve as the backdrop, making for a spectacular show.
* Please note: 2 shopping stops (tea & sandstone painting) will be arranged during the trip, about 30 minutes each. You may climb up the mountain by cable car and descend by bus or take the bus up to the mountain and descend by cable car. Your guide will adjust it according to the actual condition.
1) English-speaking tour guide
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in the details
2) Tips for your guide (suggestion: $6 per person)
3) Personal expenses, optional items and anything else not specifically mentioned
1.Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Free cancellation for bookings cancelled at least 3 days in advance. If you cancel 2 days or less before your visit, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged per booking.
2.On departure date we will pick you up from downtown hotel. You will be contacted before 11:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. Please call Venus @(+86)13487449439 for any urgent matters.
3.Currently payment is only accepted by credit card. Once payment clears, Ctrip will send you a confirmation email with your booking details. If payment fails, your booking will automatically be canceled. To ensure a smooth payment process, we recommend you contact your credit card provider in advance.
4.Time arrangements described in itineraries are subject to change. Guides reserve the right to change arrangements according to weather, transportation and other variable conditions.
5.If you opt to join only part of this activity, you forfeit the right to join subsequent parts, as well as the right to receive a refund for any part of the activity that you miss.
6.Please ensure personal and travel information is entered correctly. Ctrip will not refund any losses that result from incorrect and missing information.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.