Day Tour | Private Tour
Daily | Book 7 days before
Chuxi tulou cluster
Chuxi tulou (初溪土楼)
The Chuxi tulou are 15th century Ming-era tulou, including one building that is four stories tall, no small feat for a building made of mud. These enclosed homes, which are made of rammed earth, stone, wood and other miscellaneous materials (some even have rice in the walls!), house members of the Hakka minority. Like many of the tulou in the region, it represents a remnent of an older time, when communal living was more common and warring tribes were a more regular occurance.
8:00 a.m. Xiamen downtown hotel pickup and drive to Yongding County (about 3 hours)
En route to see these fascinating homesteads take a break in a picturesque tea field and visit a teahouse to witness a Chinese tea ceremony and enjoy a cup of the local chá. Tea has a 1,600-year-long history in Fujian Province and the techniques for brewing the five different types of tea grown in the region—oolong, black tea, green tea, white tea, and scented tea—all originated here, with the exception of green tea.
1:00 p.m. Chuxi tulou (about 2 hours)
Work off lunch (at your own expense) with a climb up a nearby hillside to enjoy a bird's eye view of Chuxi's dozen or so tulou, after which you'll be free to relax and enjoy a stroll in the village.
3:00 p.m. Head back for Xiamen and Transferred to hotel at about 6:00 p.m.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in details
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 7 days in advance.
• If you cancel 4-6 days prior, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
• If you cancel within 3 days prior, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 8:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Abby @18760006909 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.