Day Tour | No-Shopping | Nearby Travel | Group Tour | Boutique Tour
Daily | Book 1 day before
Shanghai | Suzhou
Zhouzhuang Water Town | Jinxi Water Town
Experience the Best China with Ctrip VIP Groups!
• Product: Small group limited to maximum 6 participants, well-designed itineraries without shopping or hidden costs
• Guide: Friendly and finest licensed guide who is not only fluent in English but also will assist you all round your tour
• Driver: Trust worthy licensed local driver with over 5 years' driving experience, familiar with the roads and itineraries to all destinations and restaurants
• Vehicle: Insured 7-seat business vehicles equipped with air purifier, recycled every 4 years, and registered with Shanghai Tourism Administration
• Meals: A featured local Chinese restaurant offering delicious Shanghai local food
• Service: 24/7 customer service; portable Wi-Fi; bottle water and beer free of charge at refreshments kiosk
• Visit Zhouzhuang, an ancient water town that comfortably makes CNN's list of the Top 10 most beautiful towns in the world and you will experience and see the reason why.
• Stand and walk through the beautiful scenery that was used for the Zhang Yimou triumph "Shanghai Triad", a movie that used the beautiful views you will see with your own eyes.
• Take a gondola and see for yourself the hustle and bustle of life of the people living by the canals, often colorful and very interesting as you glide by.
• Grab a bite of some native water town dishes at the Zhouzhuang restaurant.
• Travel to the 2000 year old water town "Jinxi" which boasts 36 ancient bridges spanning the rivers.
• Jinxi Ancient Town is quieter, yet surprisingly more photogenic. The prime time to visit is in the afternoon, when the light is perfect for your photos and memories of the place.
• Visit 3 museums at Jinxi including the "museum of antique tiles and bricks" , the "red porcelain products museum" and the "root caving museum of China."
• As ever, there will be free water, beer and other refreshments to be had at the exclusive Ctrip Kiosk.
• Gain a deeper insight into the history and culture of the sights you see with our insider's narration on attractions.
• You will be furnished with Video and 6 pamphlets to help you discover the hidden gems of Shanghai.
8:00 a.m. Shanghai downtown hotel pickup & transfer to Zhouzhuang (about 1 hour)
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the Mid Ring Road of Shanghai, otherwise additional charge applies.
9:00 a.m. Zhouzhuang: Shen's House, Zhang's House & Ye Chucang's Residence (about 2 hours)
Zhouzhuang is a water town built amid canals, ponds, and lakes. There are many old buildings and bridges, boat rides, crafts, framed by the quaint water town scenery. Feel free to take many photos and capture the beautiful views as seen in "Shanghai Triad". You will take a gondola and witness the way of life of people living by the canals, first hand.
With almost a thousand years' history, the towns people have kept their unique lifestyle as well as exquisite craftsmanship. While shopping in Zhouzhuang, you will find mementos with special meaning. A typical 'south-of-the-Yangtze River' water town, Zhouzhuang abounds in silk, Suzhou embroidery, woven bamboo, and other exquisite handicrafts.
11:00 a.m. Zhenfeng Street where you can enjoy traditional shops and tea houses lining the narrow street
11:30 a.m. Lunch at a local restaurant in Zhouzhuang (about 1 hour)
12:30 p.m. Transfer to Jinxi water town (about 1 hour)
1:30 p.m. Jinxi water town (about 2 hours)
Compared with other ancient towns in China, Jinxi Ancient Town is simpler, less sophisticated, and quiet. It is a small town (only one square kilometer in area) that has 16 lakes and 238 rivers. The town also has 36 ancient bridges spanning the rivers. The bridges represent various styles and were built during different periods in history.
The town has many museums, such as the first museum of antique tiles and bricks in China, the "red porcelain products museum" and the "root caving museum of China" and our guide will take you to see all of them.
Besides, Jinxi water town is famous for its picturesque sceneries, it's enjoy history for over 2000 years, and most of the architectures there are still keep its original looks, photo on them would be definitely a "must do" on your travel schedule, you will have sufficient time to taking photos.
5:00 p.m. Transfer to hotel (about 1 hour)
• Please note: airport or train station drop-off is available requiring additional fee.
1) A gondola tour in Zhouzhuang
2) English-speaking guide service
3) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
2) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50-100 per person for them, please tip them separately) . It is not compulsory but would be highly appreciated.
Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product. Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
On departure date you will be picked up from hotel (please check the pickup range as specified in details). You will be advised to find more details regarding your driver and tour guide as well as pickup information by checking this page the day before departure. All information will be updated only 24 hours ahead of your tour date. If you failed in getting the information, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
Please call David @13910694045 for any urgent matters.
Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.