Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
Zhujiajiao watertown | World Financial Center | The Bund
Small Group limited to maximum 6 participants
Top ranking tours on Tripadvisor
What are VIP tours?
• Guide: We provide the friendliest and finest licensed guide for your tour. Your guide is not just fluent in English but also will assist you all round your tour.
• Driver: A trust worthy licensed local driver with over 5 years’ driving experience, familiar with the roads and routes to all destinations and restaurants.
• Vehicle: We offer up-to-7-seat business vehicles equipped with GPS facilities, free in-car Wi-Fi, big windows and air-conditioning; they are all licensed and registered with Beijing Tourism Administration, and are recycled every four years. Most importantly, they are insured and has 50,000 RMB coverage for each passenger.
• Meals: We have a large selection of different restaurants which cater to the specifications of our customers, and are available to provide various options, such as vegetarian, Muslim, Chinese, Western, Jewish, and Indian restaurants. We are also happy to include your special requests in our reservation form when booking a restaurant for you, such as an allergy to MSG, for example.
• Service: We offer 24/7 customer service as well as backup support. For any urgency, please call David @13910694045.
What Makes Us Different?
We delve deep and conduct research into how best to tour Shanghai. We research our customers’ favorite spots and photo sites, and work out the best routes to cover Shanghai’s top sights:
• In the Zhujiajiao: Your tour guide will help you explore 3 carefully-selected places in the waterway as below, recommended by our local experts, while other group tours only pass through the waterway. Most importantly, you will be taking the gondolas with our guide on the water way to view the facade of the old town from several different perspectives and have the opportunity to record your experience with photos of the native, buttercup yellow, meter-high cole flowers in Kezhi garden.
• On the Bund: We have chosen the most beautiful part of the Bund — between the Asia Building and the building of the Former Consulate-General of the United Kingdom, simply the Shanghai insider’s “Golden Route”. We will send you map of the Bund where we label the 17 most iconic and historically, or architecturally interesting buildings and a guide to the different types and periods of architecture in Shanghai when you trip is confirmed. You will receive an informative pamphlet of photos of Shanghai’s new, gleaming skyscrapers, together with the history and classic architecture of its colonial past.
• A visit to "Oriental Venice", the world famous Zhujiajiao water town and glimpse the old Shanghai.
• Enjoy the freshly-prepared lunch with views of the harbour
• Have the unique experience of viewing the charming cole flowers at Khezi Garden
• A unique walking tour along the Bund to discover the "old" and "new" face of 22 of Shanghai’s most famous buildings and immerse yourself in their history with the help of our company’s informative pamphlets.
• Get a stunning view of all the iconic buildings of Shanghai’s 55 metre long skyline and from the 100th floor of the stratospheric World Financial Center.
• Refreshments are available, including free water, beer, and other drinks at the Ctrip Kiosk.
• Keep in touch with our portable Wi-Fi anytime and anywhere.
• Gain a deeper insight into the attractions, with our illuminating narrations.
• Receive a video and 6 documents to help you further discover the hidden gems of Shanghai.
8:00-11:30 a.m. Shanghai downtown hotel pickup & transfer to Zhujiajiao
In the morning of your scheduled activity, your guide will be waiting for you in the lobby holding a signboard Ctrip logo on it. Show us your Ctrip confirmation letter and you will be guided to our vehicle. You will then be driven for 1 hour to reach the 200 year old water town which is regarded as the best example of Yangtze river delta life and its architecture.
In centuries past, Zhujiajiao was a trading area due to the many canals, which were used to ferry goods in little boats and barges. Boats are still very much part of the charm of the place. Small boats are ubiquitous here, functioning as a nice way to get a view of the town and experience the local life, as they still serve as an important transportation method for local people. (See also our cruise guide to Zhujiajiao).
While other group tours only give you a cursory glimpse of the waterway, our tour guide will help you explore 3 carefully selected places in the waterway as below, recommended by our local experts. Most importantly, you will be taking the gondolas with our guide on the water way to view the facade of the ancient town from different angles and take some great photos of the swathes of pretty cole flowers in Kezhi Garden.
Kezhi Yuan at the northern edge of the old district on Xijing Street is a garden dating back to 1912. The word “kezhi” means to learn to plant, a lesson on plants or a class of plants, so it was a place to see and learn about them. The area consists of a main hall, a garden, and a pleasing, landscaped hill. The central feature of the gardens is a five story building with a pavilion on its roof - the tallest structure in old Zhujiajiao.
On Xihu Street there is a post office built in the Qing dynasty, which is said to be the best preserved of its era in China. There are many exhibits, among them old letters written on bamboo and antique post cards of old Shanghai.
Fangsheng Bridge is one of the main attractions among the ancient 36 stone bridges, some only one yard wide. It was built in 1812 and is said to be the largest stone arch bridge in Shanghai, resting on five arches, about 70 meters long, and 5.8 meters tall.
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Lunch Time
We will take you to an excellent local restaurant in the water village for lunch to save your precious time (rather than taking lunch in a restaurant in Shanghai), the menu has been carefully selected by our product manager based on the taste of customers from different corners of the world to ensure a unique gourmet experience. We would be very pleased to hear from you and make a special arrangement if you have any specific dietary requirements. The restaurant is located by the waterway and you will enjoy your lunch in an independent compartment on the second floor. Open the window and you will have a great view of the willow trees swaying in the breeze, gondolas gliding along the water ways, local people hanging clothes at home, a perfect snapshot of this unique and vibrant village.
12:30-4:00 p.m. World Financial Center
In the afternoon, travel 1 hour to the World Financial Center and go up to the 100th floor for spectacular views of the city. It is the world's 8th tallest building, and the 4th tallest structure in Mainland China. The 100th floor has a viewing gallery that is 55 meters long. It is the second highest observation deck in China. It is higher than the viewing platforms on the Canadian TV Tower (447 meters) and the Dubai Tower (440 meters).
As one of the most popular attraction in Shanghai, the World Financial Center receives many tourists every day. Usually people have to stand in a queue to buy the tickets and it will take about at least half an hour! In order to save your time, our product team has studied the volume of tourists at different times a day. We concluded that the optimum time to take you there is by 13:30 in the afternoon for 3 reasons (Less people, brighter sunlight, better views, especially during days when air pollution is heavy). Your tour guide will buy the tickets on-line in advance, saving you from standing in a long, slow moving queue.
4:30-5:00 p.m. the Bund
Next, we will drive you to one of the top scenic spots in Shanghai－the Bund. It is a fantastic walkway along the Huangpu river and across the street you will see some of the most unique and wonderful buildings in older Shanghai. To avoid giving you the most cursory of tours, we will furnish you with a map of the Bund where we have labelled the 17 most representative buildings and a guide to the differing architectures of Shanghai when your trip is confirmed. You will receive an informative pamphlet of photos of Shanghai’s new, gleaming skyscrapers, together with the history and classic architecture of its colonial past.
5:00-6:00 p.m. Drive back to hotel/train station/airport
At the end of your tour you driver will either drive you back to your hotel or transfer you to the airport or train station if you plan leaving after the tour. Going back to your Shanghai downtown hotel or train station will approximately take about 0.5 hour, Hongqiao airport about 1.5 hours, Pudong airport about 2 hours.
* Please note: airport and train station drop-off requries additional fee which is not included in the price.
1) A gondola tour in Zhujiajiao
2) English-speaking guide service
3) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
2) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50-100 per person for them). It is not compulsory but would be highly appreciated.
1.Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Free cancellation for bookings cancelled at least 3 days in advance. If you cancel 2 days or less before your visit, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged per booking.
2.On departure date we will pick you up from hotels. Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the Mid Ring Road of Shanghai, otherwise an additional charge applies. You will be contacted before 8:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. Please call David @(+86)13910694045 for any urgent matters.
3.Currently payment is only accepted by credit card. Once payment clears, Ctrip will send you a confirmation email with your booking details. If payment fails, your booking will automatically be canceled. To ensure a smooth payment process, we recommend you contact your credit card provider in advance.
4.Time arrangements described in itineraries are subject to change. Guides reserve the right to change arrangements according to weather, transportation and other variable conditions.
5.If you opt to join only part of this activity, you forfeit the right to join subsequent parts, as well as the right to receive a refund for any part of the activity that you miss.
6.All listed meals are Chinese food unless otherwise noted. Please notify us ahead of time for any dietary restrictions (allergies, vegetarian, kosher, etc.).
7.Please ensure personal and travel information is entered correctly. Ctrip will not refund any losses that result from incorrect and missing information.
8.Bookings made after 7:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.