Day Tour | No-Shopping | Nearby Travel | Private Tour
Daily | Book 1 day before
Chinese Footbinding Culture Museum | Yida Silk Workshop | Indigo Fabric Workshop | Wedding Museum | Xuchang Paste Company | Authentic Chinese foot massage | Cancel 24+ hours in advance for Free!
West part (Xīzhà, 西栅)
The most beautiful part in Wuzhen. You will hope in our comfort of an air-conditioned private vehicle. You are expected to enjoy a local culture and life experience trip in this southern ancient town today.
Chinese Footbinding Culture Museum (三寸金莲馆)
Footbinding was a controversial custom that existed for over a thousand years. At the Museum of Footbinding in Wuzhen a comprehensive display of artifacts and photographs describe the painful pursuit of the "three-inch lotus", a euphemism for the bound foot, in ancient Wuzhen as well as the rest of China. In terms of the range and organization of the exhibits, this museum can be regarded as the most authoritative in the world.
Yida Silk Workshop (益大丝号)
Renowned as "the land of silk," Wuzhen is one of China's most famous centers of silk production. Founded in 1875, Yida Silk Workshop has experienced many ups and downs in the past one and a half centuries. Today's Yida has developed into a vertically integrated business, owning the entire silk production process, from planting mulberry trees, to raising silk worms, to silk reeling, to silk spinning and finally silk weaving.
Indigo Fabric Workshop (宏源泰染坊)
A large, environmentally-friendly, print and dye workshop with an area of 2500m². Paved with green bricks, the cloth-drying space is filled with tall poles and terraced cloth frames. In addition to using bluegrass as dye for fabric, the dyehouse also employs its unique color roasting technique which can reproduce bright colors from plants belonging to the local flora, such as tea, mulberry bark and tallow leaves, hence its Chinese name, Caomu Bense, which means "true color from plants" in Chinese. As a traditional specialty product of Wuzhen and the favorite natural clothing material of the local people, patterned indigo cloth is an ideal souvenir for tourists.
Wedding Museum (婚俗博物馆)
The first museum to display the act of marriage as it was historically conducted in this area. This hall, a two-storied complex of four entrances and four courts, consists of the front hall, the wedding hall, the meeting hall, the sedan hall, the worship hall, the colored pavilion, the bridal chamber and the back garden. In these rooms the dowry, decorations, tools, furniture, costumes, jewelry, wedding boats, and musical instruments used during marriage are on display.
Xuchang Paste Company (叙昌酱园)
A century-old name brand situated in the traditional handmade products area of Wuzhen. Walking into the workshop, one is faced with a courtyard covered with blue-gray jars. The name of the workshop and the date of production are marked on each one of them. On a sunny day, the jars' bamboo covers are removed and the taste of sunshine seeps right in.
Authentic Chinese foot massage
Been practiced in China since the 4th century BC, now it grown into an industry in China! Foot massage improves the immune system and keeps the body's natural balance. Besides the health-care method, foot reflexology also can at least cure minor ailments, ease head and stomach discomforts. It is now being looked at in a more favorable way by both the medical community and the general public.
9:00 a.m. Hangzhou downtown hotel pickup and transfer to Wuzhen (about 1 hour)
10:00 a.m. Wuzhen (West part) (about 5 hours)
Chinese Footbinding Culture Museum
Yida Silk Workshop
Indigo Fabric Workshop
12:00 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant
Xuchang Paste Company
3:30 p.m. Return to Hangzhou (about 1 hour)
On the way back, enjoy an authentic Chinese foot massage.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Wuzhen Boat Ride
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned.
3) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver. (It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them.)
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 24 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 11:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Sam @13735411378 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.