Day Tour | No-Shopping | Nearby Travel | Private Tour
Daily | Book 3 days before
Ancient Bed Museum | Woodcarving Exhibition Hall | Lizhi Academy | Mao Dun's Former Residence | Folk Art Gallery | Cancel 24+ hours in advance for Free!
Ancient Bed Museum (江南百床馆)
The first of its kind in China, this exhibition of ancient beds from the Jiangnan region displays a collection of finely crafted beds—from the Ming and Qing dynasties to modern times. With exquisite design and craftsmanship, these are more than just items of furniture, but excellently-preserved examples of Chinese folk art.
Woodcarving Exhibition Hall (江南木雕陈列馆)
An antique residence famous for its collection of beautiful wood-carved items, this impressive mansion, once owned by the Xu family, is filled with beautifully carved pieces including furniture, ornaments and window frames decorated with birds, beasts, flowers and even historical figures. A collection of the most valuable wood-carved antiques is displayed in the main hall.
Lizhi Academy (立志书院)
Lizhi Academy, which is located to the east of Mao Dun's Former Residence. Mao Dun was a well-known Chinese novelist, cultural critic and journalist. Lizhi Academy was first founded by local gentry in 1865 and it was there where Mao Dun spent his early school years. Many years later, the school was transformed into a museum in honor of Mao Dun. Above the front door of the academy hangs a sign with Chinese characters "lizhi" which means "aspire", thus "Academy of Aspiration."
Mao Dun's Former Residence (茅盾故居)
The former home of this well-known Chinese novelist, cultural critic and journalist is located on 17 Guanqian Street. The wooden complex is comprised of four gates, two compounds and a total living space of 450 square meters (4,800 sq ft). The residence faces south and is divided into two units, both east and west, bought on separate occasions by Mao Dun's great grandfather. One room that opens onto the street once served as Mao Dun's study. In spite of the room's simplicity, it emanates a learned grandeur typical of such an illustrious family.
8:30 a.m. Hangzhou downtown hotel pickup and transfer to Wuzhen (about 1.5 hours)
10:00 a.m. Wuzhen (about 5 hours)
Ancient Bed Museum
Woodcarving Exhibition Hall
12:00 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense)
Mao Dun's Former Residence
Folk Art Gallery
4:00 p.m. Return to Hangzhou
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in details
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 24 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 8:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Derek @18957111233 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.