Multi-Day Tour | No-Shopping | Nearby Travel | Private Tour
Daily | Book 3 days before
Xi'an | Pingyao
#D1 Pingyao Ancienty City | Pingyao City Wall | Ming-Qing Street | #D2 Chinese calligraphy class | Shuanglin Temple
Pingyao Ancienty City (平遥古城)
Once the financial center of China and birthplace of the first Chinese bank "Rishengchang," 18th century Pingyao was China's "Wall Street," with large banks and exchange houses fueling the wealth necessary to build up the city's imposing walls, gates and grand residences, most of which are still extant in their original condition today. Pingyao still retains much of its Ming and Qing dynasty layout, one adhering to the classic bā guà (八卦) pattern, based on the eight symbols of Taoist cosmology. If a walk through living history is your cup of cha, there may be no better place; preserved Ming- and Qing-style residences number close to 4,000; while streets and storefronts still largely retain their historical appearances from 300 to 1,000 years ago.
Pingyao City Walls (平遥古城墙)
The city's 6-kilometer-long (4 mi), 12-meter-high (40 ft), nearly 700-year-old city walls stand as one of the longest and best-preserved sets of city walls in the world. Visitors walking its ramparts enjoy spectacular vantages over the city's ancient architecture, mostly unchanged in the last 300-some years. Walking over the walls' stamped bricks you'll come across thousands of crenulations (openings through which to fire arrows), six barbican gates and 72 paragraphs from Sun Tzu's Art of War, one inscribed in each of the watchtowers along the way.
Shuanglin Temple (双林寺)
A UNESCO World Heritage site widely regarded as a center for the Chinese art study and appreciation. Inside, your will appreciate more than 2,000 exquisite sculptures made of clay layered over wooden frameworks and then painted. The Sakyamuni Hall and the Bodhisattva Hall are the other must-see spots at Shuanglin Temple; the sculpture of the 1,000-hand Guanyin is especially renowned and deserves a careful visit.
Day 1 Xi'an - Pingyao
7:00 a.m. Xi'an hotel pick up and transfer to Xi'an North Train Station (about 30 minutes) (without guide)
Help yourself to take the bullet train G2506 leaving Xi'an at 09:07 a.m. and arriving Pingyao at 11:31 a.m.
11:40 a.m. Your driver and/or tour guide will pick you up from the high speed train station and then transfer to Pingyao (about 30 minutes)
12:00 p.m. Lunch time (at your own expense)
1:00 p.m. Pingyao Ancienty City (about 1.5 hours)
2:30 p.m. Pingyao City Wall (about 1 hour)
3:30 p.m. Ming-Qing Street (about 1 hour)
5:00 p.m. Transfer to hotel
Stay overnight at Dejuyuan Guesthouse or similar.
Day 2 Pingyao - Xi'an (includes breakfast)
9:00 a.m. Hotel pick up and transfer to the place for Chinese calligraphy class (about 30 minutes)
9:30 a.m. Chinese calligraphy class (about 1 hour)
10:30 a.m. Drive to Shuanglin Temple (about 30 minutes)
11:00 a.m. Shuanglin Temple (about 2 hours)
1:00 p.m. Lunch time (at your own expense)
2:00 p.m. After lunch, you'll be transferred to the station (about 1 hour)
Help yourself to take the bullet train D2525 leaving Pingyao at 4:58 p.m. and arriving Xi'an at 7:45 p.m.
8:00 p.m.Xi'an train station pickup and transfer to hotel (without guide)
1) Round way bullet train tickets between Pingyao and Xi'an
2) English-speaking guide service
3) Accommodation, admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Single room supplement
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
3) During Chinese holidays such as Qingming, May Day, Dragon Festival, National Holiday, Mid-Autumn Day, addtional charge of CNY 150 applies for each traveler. Please pay directly to the guide.
• Photocopy of the valid passport photo page is required for purchasing the train tickets. Please email the photocopy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The ticket will be delivered to you. Please provide valid China address (in Chinese characters if possible) including postal code while booking.
• Children under the age of 2 are free of charge, which is based on no seat occupancy.
• Children 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m are entitled to a discount, please check the price published onsite.
• Children 2-12 years old but over 1.2m in height are required to pay an additional fee on site.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
• Besides the cancellation fee, penalties from train companies apply if train tickets are issued.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from airport or station, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 6:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Susan @13891966219 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.