Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
Terracotta Warriors | City Wall | Muslim Street
Small Group limited to maximum 6 participants
Top ranking tours on Tripadvisor
Experience the Best China with Ctrip VIP Groups!
• Itinerary: We design the most reasonable routes, the smartest way for you to enjoy the beauty of China, giving you the best understand of the old yet thriving country.
• Guide: We provide the friendliy and finest licensed guide who is not only fluent in English but also will assist you all round your tour.
• Driver: We provide trust worthy licensed local driver with over 5 years’ driving experience, familiar with the roads and routes to all destinations and restaurants.
• Vehicle: We provide up-to-7-seat business vehicles equipped with free in-car Wi-Fi, GPS with traffic reporting software, air-conditioning and baby seat if needed, all licensed and registered with Beijing Tourism Administration, and are recycled every 4 years. Most importantly, they are insured and has 50,000 RMB coverage for each passenger.
• Meals: We provide a large selection of different restaurants which cater to the specifications of our customers, such as vegetarian, Muslim, Chinese, Western, Jewish, and Indian restaurants. We are also happy to include your special requests in our reservation form when booking a restaurant for you, such as an allergy to MSG, for example.
• Service: We provide 24/7 customer service as well as backup support. For any urgency, please call David @13910694045.
• Skip the line at the entrance of Terracotta Warriors Museum.
• Use a telescope to get a closer view of the terracotta warriors.
All three pits are protected from tourists by a certain distance restriction. The 8,000 statues of terracotta soldiers are all individual and it is impossible to find two of them that look exactly like each other. Some look happy with slightly raised cheeks while some look sad with frowning eyebrows. However, as they are all protected from tourists by a distance of 20 meters, how will you see the details? As a privilege for our customers, you will be equipped with a telescope so that there will be no secrets left in front of you.
• Use an FM headset to keep out external noise disturbances.
It is very crowded and noisy during the high season. In order to make sure you can hear what your guide is saying, we have prepared an FM headset so that you can hear your guide clearly and do not miss any interesting stories.
• Get a panoramic view of the city by walking, cycling, or taking an eco-car on the City Wall.
The road on the city wall is quite rough, so we’ve prepared two different methods of transportation for you. You can either ride a bicycle or use our electric vehicle to traverse the wall, the cost both transportation methods are included in your day trip package therefore there is no rental fees to worry about.
• Taste the local people’s favorite daily food at a local farmer’s house.
• Equipped each vehicle with air purifier
Poor air can be the most concern when you are travelling in China. There're good days and bad days. We tested the AOI in a smog day, the index is up to 260, even in a completely sealed car, the index is also up to 140. Generally speaking, an AQI level of 100 is generally seen as the upper limit for healthy air. So we equip with an air purifier in each vehicle. Experiment has proved that the index in car is down to 30. Don't let the bad weather day get you down. We are always doing our best to make you enjoy your trip better.
7:30-9:00 a.m. Xi'an downtown hotel pickup & transferred to Terracotta Warriors
In the morning of your scheduled activity, your guide will be waiting for you in the lobby holding a signboard Ctrip logo on it. Show us your Ctrip confirmation letter and you will be guided to our vehicle. You will then be driven for 1 hour to reach the Terracotta Warriors.
You will acquire rich background information about the city from your well-educated, expert guide. Being prepared with a little knowledge about the Terracotta Army beforehand is highly recommended for a perfect trip if you don’t just want to see lots of similar-looking stone statues. We recommend you watch the following video on YouTube about the history of the Terracotta Army and Emperor Qin Shi Huang, or this one alternatively.
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Terracotta Warriors and the Mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang
We will arrive at the Terra Cotta Warrior museum at around 9:00 am before the crowds come. After watching the short educational film on the history and the excavation of this historical site, you will have 2.5 hours to explore to your heart’s content what many consider the 8th wonder of the world.
There are three pits in the museum. Our recommended visiting sequence is Pit 1 – Pit 2 – Pit 3 – Bronze Chariot Pit – the Mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang as you will follow historical clues that lead from general to detailed information.
Pit 1 is the largest of the pits and it is estimated to house around 6,000 figures as well as a great quantity of bronze weaponry. You will be shocked by the large scale of the figures lining up, and will feel as if you have been taken back to the Qin Dynasty when the army of soldiers was waiting to go out to battle.
Pit 2 is not as large as Pit 1. It is estimated that the terracotta warriors and horses in this pit amount to 1,300 figures. However, the great variety makes it top-rated among all three pits.
Pit 3 is the smallest one with only 72 terracotta warriors and horses. It is believed that it served as the headquarters for the army, directing the warriors in Pit 1 and Pit 2.
The Bronze Chariot Pit exhibits two painted bronze chariots in a large scale. As burial objects, the bronze chariots represent Emperor Qin Shi Huang’s vehicles. Crowned as “the King of Bronze Ware”, the bronze chariots are the earliest, largest, and best-preserved bronze artifacts in the world.
12:00-1:30 p.m. Lunch Time
We depart the Terracotta museum and head for the city wall located in the city center of Xi’an. On the way there, we will stop for lunch at a local specialty restaurant hand picked by our quality control team.
The restaurant which we will be dining at is Qin dynasty themed, which is an appropriate choice considering our next destination will be all about the Qin dynasty, so you can get a head start on your hunger for the historical experience. The meal will be consisted of flavorful cold dishes packed with traditional Chinese herbs and spices, warm hearty soups, authentic Chinese main courses and desserts to satisfy the sweet tooth you didn’t even know you had. Historically accurate costumes will be available for pictures opportunities, all free of charge.
1:30-2:30 p.m. Drive Back to Xi’an City Wall (East Gate)
After lunch, you’ll be driven back to the Xi’an City Wall. It will take about 50 minutes for the journey. A nap might be necessary for you to feel refreshed.
2:30-5:00 p.m. Walking, biking, or taking an eco-car on the Xi’an City Wall
The first stop in the afternoon is the world’s largest and the most well preserved medieval city wall. The moat that once surrounded the city has been transformed into a recreational area for the local population. In this scenic recreational area the locals are often found exercising, dancing, showing off their song birds and playing a traditional game called “top whipping”. Feel free to join in with the local population in their fun exercises and dances, or photograph the old men with their singing birds; then of course, feel free to try the “top whipping” if you think you can only try it and not buy one to bring back home.
The medieval Xi'an city wall scenic area is located in the central area of Xi'an. The city wall has four gates: Changle east gate, Anding west gate, Yongning south gate and Anyuan north gate. The Xi'an city wall is based on the Tang dynasty architectural design and is built entirely for defense. The thickness of the wall is greater than the height of the walls, solid as a mountain, cars can be driven on the rampart of the wall. The medieval Xi'an city wall was built from 1374-1378 and has over 600 years of history. The Xi'an ancient city wall is one of China's most iconic and the most well preserved late medieval constructions.
We begin our exploration of the medieval city wall at “Yongning gate”, the most thoroughly restored part of the wall, to observe the guard’s shift changing ceremony. Then we continue our journey to the museum containing the beautifully made mural explaining the rich history behind the this iconic city wall. While the temperature is still comfortable, you can hike, cycle or ride electric vehicles on the city wall to explore the wall at your own pace. Our guide will then bring you to another part of the city wall called Hanguangmen ruins where a museum is built around the section of the city ruins from 1400.
Your guide will be waiting for you at 4:30 p.m. at South Gate (the bicycle service station) where you’ll have the chance to watch a performance by soldiers wearing ancient costumes and training, which will take you back to ancient times.
5:00-6:00 p.m. Xi’an's Most Famous Food Street — Muslim Street
After visiting the city wall, you will head to Xi’an’s most famous food street, Muslim Street, where you’ll see lots of featured foods and snacks. You can try some if you'd like to.
* Please note: This is Muslim Street, where most local people are Muslims. Please try to respect their traditions and follow instructions from your guide. Please be aware of your bag as this street is very crowded and noisy; watch out for pickpockets. Please follow your guide as there are many people and it is very easy to get lost. You can try some food there but it’s better to ask your guide for recommendations as some of the food and shops have bad sanitary conditions.
6:00-6:30 p.m. Transferred to hotel or stay in Muslim Street and explore the city by yourself
Please make sure to reserve at least 3 hours if you want to catch an onward flight or 2 hours if train. Please book the transfer with us in advance and tell us your flight (or train) number and departure time.
* Please note: airport and train station drop-off requries additional fee which is not included in the price.
1) Bike or ebike rental on the City Wall
2) English-speaking guide service
3) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
2) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50-100 per person for them) . It is not compulsory but would be highly appreciated.
1.Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Free cancellation for bookings cancelled at least 3 days in advance. If you cancel 2 days or less before your visit, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged per booking.
2.On departure date we will pick you up from downtown hotel. You will be contacted before 8:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. Please call David @(+86)13910694045 for any urgent matters.
3.Currently payment is only accepted by credit card. Once payment clears, Ctrip will send you a confirmation email with your booking details. If payment fails, your booking will automatically be canceled. To ensure a smooth payment process, we recommend you contact your credit card provider in advance.
4.Time arrangements described in itineraries are for reference and subject to change. Guides reserve the right to change arrangements according to weather, transportation and other variable conditions.
5.If you opt to join only part of this activity, you forfeit the right to join subsequent parts, as well as the right to receive a refund for any part of the activity that you miss.
6.All listed meals are Chinese food unless otherwise noted. Please notify us ahead of time for any dietary restrictions (allergies, vegetarian, kosher, etc.).
7.Children (2-12 years old and less than 1.4m tall) are entitled to a discount. Children under 12 years old but over 1.4 m in height may be required to pay an additional fee on site.
8.Please ensure personal and travel information is entered correctly. Ctrip will not refund any losses that result from incorrect or missing information.
9.Bookings made after 7:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.