Day Tour | No-Shopping | Nearby Travel | Private Tour
Daily | Book 3 days before
Xi'an | Luoyang
Longmen Grottoes | Shaolin Temple
Longmen Grottoes (龙门石窟)
Luoyang's most revered Buddhist site and popular tourist attraction, the Longmen Grottoes or "Dragon's Gate Grottoes", lie twelve kilometers (7.5 mi) to the south of the city center. Separated by the Yi River are Xi'ang Shan (eastern bank) and Longmen Shan (western bank), two mountains riddled with thousands of caves and niches featuring some of China's most spectacular rock carvings and inscriptions. Work on the carvings began in the Northern Wei Dynasty (471-499 AD) and continued over the Sui Dynasty (581-619 AD) well into the Tang Dynasty (618-690 AD). There are plenty of nooks and crannies to poke your head/camera into, but there are five spots that shouldn't be missed: Guyang Cave, Binyang Cave, Wanfo Cave, Lotus Cave and FengXi'an Temple.
Shaolin Temple (少林寺)
Henan's Shaolin Temple is located approximately 85 km (53 mi) southwest of Zhengzhou's downtown area. Established in 520 AD by Indian monk, Tamo, the temple is dedicated to the study of Chan (sometimes called Zen or Ch'an) Buddhism and the mastery of martial arts-the variety of which has inspired the making of more than 170 movies, including a number of Hollywood flops. The reputation of the Shaolin Temple precedes it through the many films depicting the famous marital art born within its walls from Zen Buddhism. Nested at the foot of Shao Shan, from which it derives its name, the Shaolin Temple opens its doors and invites you to attend an impressive Kung Fu performance, after which you will head to the nearby Pagoda Forest, home to 232 magnificent pagodas and tomb to many eminent Shaolin monks and abbots.
7:00 a.m. Xi'an downtown hotel pickup and transfer to Xi'an North Train Station (about 30 minutes)
Help yourself to take the bullet train G2002 leaving Xi'an at 08:20 a.m. and arriving Luoyang at 10:17 a.m.
10:30 a.m. Your driver and/or tour guide will pick you up from the high speed train station and then transfer to the first destination.
11:00 p.m. Longmen Grottoes (about 2 hours)
1:30 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant
3:00 p.m. Shaolin Temple (about 2.5 hours)
5:30 p.m. After the tour ends, you'll be transferred to the station (about 1 hour)
Help yourself to take the bullet train G661 leaving Luoyang at 7:01 p.m. and arriving Xi'an at 8:48 p.m.
9:00 p.m.Xi'an train station pickup and transfer to hotel (without guide)
1) Round way high speed train tickets between Luoyang and Xi'an
2) English-speaking guide service
3) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Photocopy of the valid passport photo page is required for purchasing the train tickets. Please email the photocopy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The ticket will be delivered to you. Please provide valid China address (in Chinese characters if possible) including postal code while booking.
• Children under the age of 2 are free of charge, which is based on no seat occupancy.
• Children 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m are entitled to a discount, please check the price published onsite.
• Children 2-12 years old but over 1.2m in height are required to pay an additional fee on site.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
• Besides the cancellation fee, penalties from train companies apply if train tickets are issued.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 6:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Susan @13891966219 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.