Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour | Boutique Tour
Mon.Thu.Sat.Sun | Book 1 day before
Simatai & Jinshanling Great Wall
Experience the Best China with Ctrip VIP Groups!
• Product: Small group limited to maximum 6 participants, well-designed itineraries without shopping or hidden costs
• Guide: Friendly and finest licensed guide who is not only fluent in English but also will assist you all round your tour
• Driver: Trust worthy licensed local driver with over 5 years' driving experience, familiar with the roads and itineraries to all destinations and restaurants
• Vehicle: Insured 7-seat business vehicles equipped with air purifier, recycled every 4 years, and registered with Beijing Tourism Administration
• Meals: A featured local Chinese restaurant offering delicious Beijing local food
• Service: 24/7 customer service; portable Wi-Fi; bottle water and beer free of charge at refreshments kiosk
• Hike up to the most beautiful and photogenic section of Great Wall on the ridge of the mountains.
• Walk through ancient watch towers of various styles and see the mechanisms of defense used on the wall.
• Spend your day with a professional expat guide who will discuss Chinese history and culture with you along the way.
• A palatable post-hike meal at a Ctrip vetted and approved restaurant.
7:00 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup & drive to Great Wall at Simatai West (about 2.5 hours)
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 4th Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise additional charge applies.
There is an optional restroom break after about 20 minutes into the drive. Usually, it takes about 2 hours on a traffic-free highway to get to Simatai section of the Great Wall. If we run into a jam, it might take between 2.5-3 hours to arrive.
9:45 a.m. Hiking the Great Wall from Simatai West to Jinshanling (about 3 hours)
Houchuankou Pass (后川口), is the very first unrestored watch tower we will mount. This is where the hiking on the Great wall itself starts. As you hike up the wall, you will have a wonderful perception of the Great Wall. Let the panoramic view of the Great Wall as it stretches into the horizon inspire you. Don't forget to take souvenir photos as you ascend. This section of the Great Wall is renowned as it is built atop sharp ridges. As we ascend and descend each section, hikers will be stunned by the impressive feat of engineering the Great Wall represents.
We can stop to take in the amazing view from one of the highest points we will reach that day. About halfway through the hike, at approximately 10:50, we will stop at a Ctrip refreshment kiosk, where you will be offered water and snacks. Here we provide a pick-me-up service after a 15-minute rest. If you feel that the hike is a little more challenging than you had anticipated, we can certainly make more rest stops along the way, especially during hot summer weather. We will pass through several towers that offer shade; some even have a small temple on the top that you take a look at if you aren't too tired.
Make your Great Wall experience more fun by having a taste of Great Wall wine on the Great Wall! (The wine is not included in the itinerary, feel free to let us know if you need it.)
Zhuanduokou Pass (砖垛口) marks the end of our hike. It is a three-story tower with large red, wooden windows facing north. This will be our last few moments on the Wall, so make sure you have taken enough photos along the way! We will then get off the wall and walk down a short path to our lunch venue.
1:00 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant (about 1 hour)
A restaurant set up by villagers at the base of the entrance to Jinshanling offers traditional, freshly cooked scrumptious food including vegetables and meat. We'll enjoy a typical northern Chinese lunch that includes fried tomato with egg, roasted eggplant with potatoes and peppers, stir-fried bok choy, among others.
2:00 p.m. Return to Beijing (about 3 hours)
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Cable cars on the Great Wall
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
3) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50-100 per person for them, please tip them separately) . It is not compulsory but would be highly appreciated.
Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product. Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
On departure date you will be picked up from hotel (please check the pickup range as specified in details). You will be advised to find more details regarding your driver and tour guide as well as pickup information by checking this page the day before departure. All information will be updated only 24 hours ahead of your tour date. If you failed in getting the information, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
Please call David @13910694045 for any urgent matters.
Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.