Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
Jiankou & Mutianyu Great Wall
Small Group limited to maximum 6 participants
Top ranking tours on Tripadvisor
What are VIP tours?
• Guide: We provide the friendliest and finest licensed guide for your tour. Your guide is not just fluent in English but also will assist you all round your tour.
• Driver: A trust worthy licensed local driver with over 5 years’ driving experience, familiar with the roads and routes to all destinations and restaurants.
• Vehicle: We offer up-to-7-seat business vehicles equipped with GPS facilities, free in-car Wi-Fi, big windows and air-conditioning; they are all licensed and registered with Beijing Tourism Administration, and are recycled every four years. Most importantly, they are insured and has 50,000 RMB coverage for each passenger.
• Meals: We have a large selection of different restaurants which cater to the specifications of our customers, and are available to provide various options, such as vegetarian, Muslim, Chinese, Western, Jewish, and Indian restaurants. We are also happy to include your special requests in our reservation form when booking a restaurant for you, such as an allergy to MSG, for example.
• Service: We offer 24/7 customer service as well as backup support. For any urgency, please call David @13910694045.
What Makes Us Different?
• With many years of Great Wall hiking, our experienced and professional guides have a better mastery of the Great Wall hikes.
• We provide reliable and optimized services to our customers. Our records show over 8 years of Great Wall touring.
• We make available to our customers, trekking poles, bottle water, hip bag, GPS, first aid kit or walkie-talkie free of charge.
• We use real western standard service! Over the years, we have greatly optimized our services to western standards.
• Challenge yourself by hiking through the most unanticipated and untamed Jiankou Section of the Great Wall.
• The fully restored Mutianyu section has the most stunning sunset.
• Experience two contrasting sections of the Great Wall during the travel.
• Because your satisfaction matters most to us, experience an exclusive hiking escorted by one of our finest and adept expert guide.
• Our hiking equipments are of high quality to ensure safety during your adventure.
7:00-9:30 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup & transfer to Great Wall at Jiankou
In the morning, your guide will be waiting for you in the hotel lobby holding a signboard Ctrip logo on it. Show us your Ctrip confirmation letter and you will be guided to our vehicle. You will then be driven for 2.5 hours to reach the Great Wall at Jiankou section.
Jiankou is near Badaohe Village, northwest Huairou County and a suburb of Beijing. It’’s one of the most challenging sections of the Great Wall, as it is completely unrestored. This section has mountains. Interestingly, untamed ancient history and discovery awaits you there.
The Jiankou section of the Great Wall might be the most dangerous. Nonetheless, with safety being our priority, we have made every necessary preparation to give you an extra ordinary experience. We strongly suggest you wear comfortable hiking shoes and clothing.
9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Hiking the Great Wall from Jiankou to Mutianyu
Your driver will drive you and your guide to the foot of the mountains at Jiankou.
There is a short walking distance through the village after which you will hike up to the Great Wall via mountain path.
Arrive at Zhengbei Watch Tower (Geographic coordinates: 40°27'16.44"N 116°32'9.78"E).
Your will use a ladder to get up to Zhengbei Watch Tower (Your guide will pay 5 Yuan to the local farmers who maintain it).
Hike till you attain the highest watch tower at Jiankou, then walk down to the unrestored part of the Great Wall at Mutianyu along the rolling ridgeline and antique walls.
From the Mutianyu visitors’’ gate hike through the modernized Great Wall section from the 23rd to 10th watch tower.
2:00-2:30 p.m. Lunch Time
Getting down from the Great Wall, you will be tired but highly contented with a wonderful experience. As such your guide will direct you to Subway™ where you will have some good rest and enjoy your lunch alongside a cup of ice cold soft drink.
2:30-5:00 p.m. Return to Beijing
A ferry bus will take to the foot of the Great Wall. You will board your tour vehicle after a 5-minute walk to the parking lot. From there your driver will take you back to your Beijing hotel.
How difficult is it to hike from Jiankou to Mutianyu?
This route, because of its rugged nature and undeveloped condition compared to other routes, is the most difficult to hike. In order to complete this tour, fitness ability and stamina are indispensible. Hikers with previous experience will find this tour really suitable. Parents can decide whether or not to bring their children age 12 and above on this tour depending on the children’’s physical strength and resilience.
The part from Xizhazi Village at the foot of the mountain to Zhengbeilou Watch Tower takes almost one hour of robust climbing. With no clear paths, this part of the tour is like walking in the jungle. The Zhenbeilou Watch Tower at the mountain top is the only directional guide as you walk through this section.
The real hiking starts after climbing up to Zhengbeilou. Most parts of Jiankou section are heavily weathered with no stairs. Its slippery with steep slopes (almost 90 degrees). As soon as you get to Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall which is fully repaired, you’ll notice a significant change as you enter into an open space with clearer paths and smoother roads.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Cable cars on the Great Wall
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
3) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50-100 per person for them). It is not compulsory but would be highly appreciated.
1.Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Free cancellation for bookings cancelled at least 3 days in advance. If you cancel 2 days or less before your visit, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged per booking.
2.On departure date we will pick you up from hotels. Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 4th Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise an additional charge applies. You will be contacted before 8:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. Please call David @(+86)13910694045 for any urgent matters.
3.Currently payment is only accepted by credit card. Once payment clears, Ctrip will send you a confirmation email with your booking details. If payment fails, your booking will automatically be canceled. To ensure a smooth payment process, we recommend you contact your credit card provider in advance.
4.Time arrangements described in itineraries are subject to change. Guides reserve the right to change arrangements according to weather, transportation and other variable conditions.
5.If you opt to join only part of this activity, you forfeit the right to join subsequent parts, as well as the right to receive a refund for any part of the activity that you miss.
6.All listed meals are Chinese food unless otherwise noted. Please notify us ahead of time for any dietary restrictions (allergies, vegetarian, kosher, etc.).
7.Please ensure personal and travel information is entered correctly. Ctrip will not refund any losses that result from incorrect and missing information.
8.Bookings made after 7:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.