Multi-Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
from TUE to SUN (Forbidden City closes on Mondays)
Tian'anmen Square | Forbidden City | Mutianyu Great Wall | Summer Palace | Olympic Sites | Jingshan Park | Temple of Heaven
Small Group limited to maximum 6 participants
Top ranking tours on Tripadvisor
What are VIP tours?
• Guide: We provide the friendliest and finest licensed guide for your tour. Your guide is not just fluent in English but also will assist you all round your tour.
• Driver: A trust worthy licensed local driver with over 5 years’ driving experience, familiar with the roads and routes to all destinations and restaurants.
• Vehicle: We offer up-to-7-seat business vehicles equipped with GPS facilities, free in-car Wi-Fi, big windows and air-conditioning; they are all licensed and registered with Beijing Tourism Administration, and are recycled every four years. Most importantly, they are insured and has 50,000 RMB coverage for each passenger.
• Meals: We have a large selection of different restaurants which cater to the specifications of our customers, and are available to provide various options, such as vegetarian, Muslim, Chinese, Western, Jewish, and Indian restaurants. We are also happy to include your special requests in our reservation form when booking a restaurant for you, such as an allergy to MSG, for example.
• Service: We offer 24/7 customer service as well as backup support. For any urgency, please call David @13910694045.
What Makes Us Different?
We go deep into how best to tour Beijing. We research our customers’ favorite spots and photo sites, and work out the best routes to cover Beijing’s top sights:
• In the Forbidden City: We include 10 palace chambers (including fine exhibitions, the royal opera house, and the Emperor's living room), while you’ll only glance at six similar rooms touring with other groups.
• On the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall: We‘ve chosen the most beautiful and classic part of the Great Wall — between the 14th and 23rd watch towers — the Great Wall hiker’s “golden route”.
• Uncover Mao’s portrait at the world’s largest Urban Square - The Tiananmen Square.
• Forget about the long queues at the world’s largest imperial palace - The Forbidden City.
• Experience a two-hour hike at one of the eight world wonders and enjoy the stunning sunset at the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
• Take a walk along the willow path of China’s largest and well preserved Imperial garden – The Summer Palace.
• Experience an afternoon hike with fewer crowds at Mutianyu section of the Great Wall.
• Make a remarkable discovery of the beliefs and worship of Chinese emperors at the Temple of Heaven.
• Have a perfect view of Beijing city and a scenic view of the Forbidden City at Jingshan Park.
• We provide bottled water, beer, and more at the Ctrip Refreshments Kiosk free of charge.
• Our portable Wi-Fi is open to our customers anytime and anywhere.
• It’s very important to note that we offer a no shops, no factories, no time-wasting, and no hidden costs services.
7:00-7:30 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup & transfer to Tian'anmen Square
In the morning of your scheduled activity, your guide will be waiting for you in the lobby holding a signboard with Ctrip logo on it. Show us your Ctrip confirmation letter and you will be guided to our vehicle. You will then be transferred to the Tian'anmen Square.
The Tian’anmen Square is eminent because it’s the largest public square in the world. It contains the monument of the People’s Heroes. There you will see Chairman Mao's portrait hung on the wall of the Gate of Heavenly Peace. It’s in Tian’anmen square that Chairman Mao proclaimed the founding of China. It’s historic and is a must-see to all Beijing tourists just like the Times Square in New York, the Plaza Mayor in Madrid, Red Square in Moscow and St. Peter's Square. Your guide will give you a brief description on the history, architecture, and anecdotes of the Square. Get your digital cameras ready because you will have around 20 minutes there for taking photos for souvenirs.
8:30-11:30 a.m. Forbidden City
Once you arrive at Tiananmen Square, walk north. After going through the middle gate of Tian’anmen rostrum, there will be a huge red gate. That will be your reference point. From there, you just go ahead and start to enjoy the highlight of the day — the Forbidden City, the world’s largest imperial palace with 9,999½ forbidden imperial chambers, home to 24 emperors in the Ming and Qing dynasties (1420–1911). You'll be marveled by the gorgeous Chinese ancient style architectures and interesting history and lives of those Chinese emperors.
Your tour guide will help you explore 10 carefully-selected places in the Forbidden City, recommended by our local experts, while other group tours only visit 6 spots briefly.
As the most popular attraction in Beijing, the Forbidden City receives many tourists everyday. Usually people have to stand in a queue to buy the tickets which usually takes about at least half an hour. In order to save your time, your tour guide will buy the tickets on-line in advance so that you will NOT need to stand in a long boring queue.
1:00 p.m. Lunch Time
In the afternoon travel 1.5 hours from downtown Beijing to the Great Wall at Mutianyu and we'll have a rest and enjoy your lunch at a nice local restaurant.
1:30-4:00 p.m. Great Wall of China at Mutianyu
In the afternoon you'll hike the Great Wall at Mutianyu. The section is ranked top among all parts of the Great Wall on Trip Advisor for its picturesque scenery, fewer tourists, and beautifully-restored architecture.
In order to save your time, we use round-way cable car rides to ascend to and descend from the Great Wall, instead of spending about 40 minutes stair climbing.
At the Wall your guide will be with you to hike “the most beautiful and interesting part of the Great Wall” — between the 14th and 23rd watch towers — acknowledged by hikers as “the golden route”.
It normally takes about 2 hours to complete the route. Then descend and take a transfer bus back to our vehicle.
We avoid crowds on the Great Wall and traffic jams by visiting in the afternoon. It’s also the best time for taking good photos. Ctrip has set up a Refreshments Kiosk at the foot of Mutianyu Great Wall. Ctrip customers will receive free of charge mineral water, beers and maps at the service site.
4:00-6:00 p.m. Drive back to hotel
7:00-11:00 a.m. Hotel pickup & Summer Palace
In the morning, your guide will be waiting for you at your hotel lobby and then transfer you to the first stop of the day - the Summer Palace which is the world famous imperial garden. The 273 hectares imperial building was constructed by the emperor in celebration of his mother's birthday. It is composed of three main scenic areas: the palace area, lake area, and mountain area. By taking a dragon boat on the lake, you will have the best view of the Summer Palace. Enjoy the beautiful ancient Chinese architecture along the shore of the lake as the boat rows.
After the boat trip, you will uncover the secrets of Chinese traditional painting. Take a stroll along the long corridor with your guide and experience the longest art gallery in the world which has 14,000 traditional paintings painted on the beams.
11:20-11:40 a.m. Olympic Sites including Bird’s Nest and Water Cube
From the Summer Palace, you will be transferred to the 2008 Beijing Olympic sites. Do you remember the heroic opening ceremony of the Beijing 2008 summer Olympics? Yes, me too! Visit the hot spots including the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube. Don’t miss out on taking souvenir photos here. Your guide will show you the best angle for getting a panoramic view of the stadium.
12:00-1:00 p.m. Lunch Time
Have a taste of Chinese cuisines at Da Wan Ju restaurant which serves traditional Chinese food.
1:30-2:10 p.m. Jingshan Park
In the afternoon you will travel to the centrally located Jingshan Park which is just behind the Forbidden City. It is 479 meters high and is said to be the best position to get a panoramic view of the Forbidden City. Jingshan Park is located on the central axis of Beijing and has many historic buildings symmetrically located on both sides. To the north is the Drum and Bell Tower and to the south; the Forbidden City and Tian’anmen Square.
2:40-4:10 p.m. Temple of Heaven
The Temple of Heaven is definitely a must-see when touring Beijing. This triple-roofed circular building is 38 meters tall and was finished in 1420. The Altar, Echo Wall, and spectacular Imperial Vault are the highlights of most tour packages. Interestingly, this Temple served as the fasting palace for the emperor. According to the customs and traditions, before presiding any ceremony the emperor had to fast at the temple and would abstain from meat and wine.
The Hall of Abstinence is actually a small palace. The Emperor needed to go to the palace three days before the ceremony date, with no drinking, no entertainment, no mourning, and paying no attention to any crimes being committed. All these acts showed his piousness to his god. You will also get a chance to glimpse at the pictures of all the emperors who ever worshipped in the Temple of Heaven, as well as a 600-year-old copper statue of a high ranking official who supervised the fasting process of the emperor.
4:30-5:30 p.m. Drive back to hotel/train station/airport
At the end of your tour you driver will either drive you back to your hotel or transfer you to the airport or train station if you plan leaving after the tour. Going back to your Beijing hotel or train station will approximately take about 0.5 hour, Beijing airport about 1 hour.
* Please note: airport and train station drop-off requries additional fee which is not included in the price.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
2) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50-100 per person for them). It is not compulsory but would be highly appreciated.
1.Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Free cancellation for bookings cancelled at least 3 days in advance. If you cancel 2 days or less before your visit, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged per booking.
2.On departure date we will pick you up from hotels. Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 4th Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise an additional charge applies. You will be contacted before 8:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. Please call David @(+86)13910694045 for any urgent matters.
3.Currently payment is only accepted by credit card. Once payment clears, Ctrip will send you a confirmation email with your booking details. If payment fails, your booking will automatically be canceled. To ensure a smooth payment process, we recommend you contact your credit card provider in advance.
4.Time arrangements described in itineraries are subject to change. Guides reserve the right to change arrangements according to weather, transportation and other variable conditions.
5.If you opt to join only part of this activity, you forfeit the right to join subsequent parts, as well as the right to receive a refund for any part of the activity that you miss.
6.All listed meals are Chinese food unless otherwise noted. Please notify us ahead of time for any dietary restrictions (allergies, vegetarian, kosher, etc.).
7.Please ensure personal and travel information is entered correctly. Ctrip will not refund any losses that result from incorrect and missing information.
8.Bookings made after 7:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.