Multi-Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour | Boutique Tour
Depart: Tue-Sun | Book in advance: 1 day
Tian'anmen Square | Forbidden City | Mutianyu Great Wall | Summer Palace | Olympic Sites | Jingshan Park | Temple of Heaven
Experience the Best China with Ctrip VIP Groups!
• Product: Small group limited to maximum 6 participants, well-designed itineraries without shopping or hidden costs
• Guide: Friendly and finest licensed guide who is not only fluent in English but also will assist you all round your tour
• Driver: Trust worthy licensed local driver with over 5 years’ driving experience, familiar with the roads and itineraries to all destinations and restaurants
• Vehicle: Insured 7-seat business vehicles equipped with air purifier, recycled every 4 years, and registered with Beijing Tourism Administration
• Meals: A large selection of restaurants offering various cuisines such as vegetarian, Muslim, Chinese, Western, Jewish, and Indian restaurants
• Service: 24/7 customer service; portable Wi-Fi; bottle water and beer free of charge at refreshments kiosk
• Uncover Mao's portrait at the world's largest Urban Square-The Tiananmen Square.
• Forget about the long queues at the world's largest imperial palace-The Forbidden City.
• Experience a two-hour hike at one of the eight world wonders and enjoy the stunning sunset at the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
• Take a walk along the willow path of China's largest and well preserved Imperial garden – The Summer Palace.
• Experience an afternoon hike with fewer crowds at Mutianyu section of the Great Wall.
• Make a remarkable discovery of the beliefs and worship of Chinese emperors at the Temple of Heaven.
• Have a perfect view of Beijing city and a scenic view of the Forbidden City at Jingshan Park.
7:00 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup & transfer to Tian'anmen Square (about 1 hour)
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 4th Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise additional charge applies.
8:00 a.m. Tian'anmen Square (about 30 minutes)
You will see Chairman Mao's portrait hung on the wall of the Gate of Heavenly Peace. It's in Tian'anmen square that Chairman Mao proclaimed the founding of China. It's historic and is a must-see to all Beijing tourists just like the Times Square in New York, the Plaza Mayor in Madrid, Red Square in Moscow and St. Peter's Square. Your guide will give you a brief description on the history, architecture, and anecdotes of the Square. Get your digital cameras ready because you will have around 20 minutes there for taking photos for souvenirs.
8:30 a.m. Forbidden City (about 3 hours)
You will explore 10 carefully-selected places in the Forbidden City, recommended by our local experts, while other group tours only visit 6 spots briefly.
As the most popular attraction in Beijing, the Forbidden City receives many tourists everyday. Usually people have to stand in a queue to buy the tickets which usually takes about at least half an hour. In order to save your time, your guide will buy the tickets on-line in advance so that you will NOT need to stand in a long boring queue.
11:30 p.m. Transfer to the Great Wall (about 1.5 hours)
1:00 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant (about 30 minutes)
1:30 p.m. Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking (about 2.5 hours)
In order to save your time, we use round-way cable car rides to ascend to and descend from the Great Wall, instead of spending about 40 minutes stair climbing.
At the Wall your guide will be with you to hike "the most beautiful and interesting part of the Great Wall" — between the 14th and 23rd watch towers — acknowledged by hikers as "the golden route".
It normally takes about 2 hours to complete the route. Then descend and take a transfer bus back to our vehicle.
We avoid crowds on the Great Wall and traffic jams by visiting in the afternoon. It's also the best time for taking good photos. Ctrip has set up a Refreshments Kiosk at the foot of Mutianyu Great Wall. Ctrip customers will receive free of charge mineral water, beers and maps at the service site.
4:00 p.m. Transfer to hotel (about 1 hour)
7:00 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup & transfer to Summer Palace (about 1 hour)
8:00 a.m. Summer Palace (about 3 hours)
By taking a dragon boat on the lake, you will have the best view of the Summer Palace. Enjoy the beautiful ancient Chinese architecture along the shore of the lake as the boat rows.
After the boat trip, you will uncover the secrets of Chinese traditional painting. Take a stroll along the long corridor with your guide and experience the longest art gallery in the world which has 14,000 traditional paintings painted on the beams.
11:20 a.m.Olympic Sites including Bird's Nest and Water Cube (about 20 minutes)
Your guide will show you the best angle for getting a panoramic view of the stadium. Also, don't miss out on taking souvenir photos here.
12:00 p.m. Lunch at Da Wan Ju restaurant (about 1 hour)
1:30 p.m. Jingshan Park (about 40 minutes)
Jingshan Park is located on the central axis of Beijing and has many historic buildings symmetrically located on both sides. To the north is the Drum and Bell Tower and to the south; the Forbidden City and Tian'anmen Square. It is 479 meters high and is said to be the best position to get a panoramic view of the Forbidden City.
2:40 p.m. Temple of Heaven (about 1.5 hours)
This triple-roofed circular building is 38 meters tall and was finished in 1420. The Altar, Echo Wall, and spectacular Imperial Vault are the highlights of most tour packages. Interestingly, this Temple served as the fasting palace for the emperor. According to the customs and traditions, before presiding any ceremony the emperor had to fast at the temple and would abstain from meat and wine.
4:30 p.m. Transfer to hotel (about 1 hour)
• Please note: airport or train station drop-off is available requiring additional fee.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
2) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50-100 per person for them) . It is not compulsory but would be highly appreciated.
Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product. Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 72 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
On departure date you will be picked up from hotel (please check the pickup range as specified in details). You will be contacted before 8:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
Please call David @13910694045 for any urgent matters.
Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.