Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
from TUE to SUN (Forbidden City closes on Mondays)
Forbidden City | Mutianyu Great Wall
Small Group limited to maximum 6 participants
Top ranking tours on Tripadvisor
What are VIP tours?
• Guide: We provide the friendliest and finest licensed guide for your tour. Your guide is not just fluent in English but also will assist you all round your tour.
• Driver: A trust worthy licensed local driver with over 5 years’ driving experience, familiar with the roads and routes to all destinations and restaurants.
• Vehicle: We offer up-to-7-seat business vehicles equipped with GPS facilities, free in-car Wi-Fi, big windows and air-conditioning; they are all licensed and registered with Beijing Tourism Administration, and are recycled every four years. Most importantly, they are insured and has 50,000 RMB coverage for each passenger.
• Meals: We have a large selection of different restaurants which cater to the specifications of our customers, and are available to provide various options, such as vegetarian, Muslim, Chinese, Western, Jewish, and Indian restaurants. We are also happy to include your special requests in our reservation form when booking a restaurant for you, such as an allergy to MSG, for example.
• Service: We offer 24/7 customer service as well as backup support. For any urgency, please call David @13910694045.
What Makes Us Different?
We go deep into how best to tour Beijing. We research our customers’ favorite spots and photo sites, and work out the best routes to cover Beijing’s top sights:
• In the Forbidden City: We include 10 palace chambers (including fine exhibitions, the royal opera house, and the Emperor's living room), while you’ll only glance at six similar rooms touring with other groups.
• On the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall: We‘ve chosen the most beautiful and classic part of the Great Wall — between the 14th and 23rd watch towers — the Great Wall hiker’s “golden route”.
• Look Mao in the eye at his giant portrait at the amazing Tiananmen Square.
• As Ctrip VIP guest there is no need spending hours of your precious vacation time queuing. We’ll take you to the best spots in a short space of time.
• Get a glimpse at the world’s largest Imperial palace complex.
• We make available to our customers a combination of western and Chinese cuisines. Enjoy delicious lunch on this well-knit-together day tour.
• Hike the Great Wall at Mutianyu in the afternoon. Smartly-timed to avoid sizable crowds usually present during the early hours of the day.
• We take you to the spots where you can snap excellent landscapes that will be appreciated even by the most ingenious photographers.
• Appreciate the Great Wall framed with a beautiful sunset (weather permitting).
• There is free of charge distilled water, beer, and more at the Ctrip refreshment Kiosk.
• Stay connected to our super fast, high broadband portable Wi-Fi anytime and anywhere.
• Go beyond surface appearances with insider narration on attractions.
7:00-8:00 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup & Tian'anmen Square
In the morning of your scheduled activity, your guide will be waiting for you in the lobby holding a signboard with Ctrip logo on it. Show us your Ctrip confirmation letter and you will be guided to our vehicle. You will then be transferred to the Tian'anmen Square.
The Tian’anmen Square is eminent because it’s the largest public square in the world. It contains the monument of the People’s Heroes. There you will see Chairman Mao's portrait hung on the wall of the Gate of Heavenly Peace. It’s in Tian’anmen square that Chairman Mao proclaimed the founding of China. It’s historic and is a must-see to all Beijing tourists just like the Times Square in New York, the Plaza Mayor in Madrid, Red Square in Moscow and St. Peter's Square. Your guide will give you a brief description on the history, architecture, and anecdotes of the Square. Get your digital cameras ready because you will have around 20 minutes there for taking photos for souvenirs.
8:30-11:30 a.m. Forbidden City
Once you arrive at Tiananmen Square, walk north. After going through the middle gate of Tian’anmen rostrum, there will be a huge red gate. That will be your reference point. From there, you just go ahead and start to enjoy the highlight of the day — the Forbidden City, the world’s largest imperial palace with 9,999½ forbidden imperial chambers, home to 24 emperors in the Ming and Qing dynasties (1420–1911). You'll be marveled by the gorgeous Chinese ancient style architectures and interesting history and lives of those Chinese emperors.
Your tour guide will help you explore 10 carefully-selected places in the Forbidden City, recommended by our local experts, while other group tours only visit 6 spots briefly.
As the most popular attraction in Beijing, the Forbidden City receives many tourists everyday. Usually people have to stand in a queue to buy the tickets which usually takes about at least half an hour. In order to save your time, your tour guide will buy the tickets on-line in advance so that you will NOT need to stand in a long boring queue.
1:00 p.m. Lunch Time
In the afternoon travel 1.5 hours from downtown Beijing to the Great Wall at Mutianyu and we'll have a rest and enjoy your lunch at a nice local restaurant.
1:30-4:00 p.m. Great Wall of China at Mutianyu
In the afternoon you'll hike the Great Wall at Mutianyu. The section is ranked top among all parts of the Great Wall on Trip Advisor for its picturesque scenery, fewer tourists, and beautifully-restored architecture.
In order to save your time, we use round-way cable car rides to ascend to and descend from the Great Wall, instead of spending about 40 minutes stair climbing.
At the Wall your guide will be with you to hike “the most beautiful and interesting part of the Great Wall” — between the 14th and 23rd watch towers — acknowledged by hikers as “the golden route”.
It normally takes about 2 hours to complete the route. Then descend and take a transfer bus back to our vehicle.
We avoid crowds on the Great Wall and traffic jams by visiting in the afternoon. It’s also the best time for taking good photos. Ctrip has set up a Refreshments Kiosk at the foot of Mutianyu Great Wall. Ctrip customers will receive free of charge mineral water, beers and maps at the service site.
4:00-6:00 p.m. Drive back to hotel/train station/airport
At the end of your tour you driver will either drive you back to your hotel or transfer you to the airport or train station if you plan leaving after the tour. Going back to your Beijing hotel or train station will approximately take about 1.5 hours, Beijing airport about 2 hours from Mutianyu.
* Please note: airport and train station drop-off requries additional fee which is not included in the price.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
3) Roundway cable cars on the Great Wall
1) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
2) Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50-100 per person for them). It is not compulsory but would be highly appreciated.
1.Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Free cancellation for bookings cancelled at least 3 days in advance. If you cancel 2 days or less before your visit, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged per booking.
2.On departure date we will pick you up from hotels. Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 4th Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise an additional charge applies. You will be contacted before 8:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. Please call David @(+86)13910694045 for any urgent matters.
3.Currently payment is only accepted by credit card. Once payment clears, Ctrip will send you a confirmation email with your booking details. If payment fails, your booking will automatically be canceled. To ensure a smooth payment process, we recommend you contact your credit card provider in advance.
4.Time arrangements described in itineraries are subject to change. Guides reserve the right to change arrangements according to weather, transportation and other variable conditions.
5.If you opt to join only part of this activity, you forfeit the right to join subsequent parts, as well as the right to receive a refund for any part of the activity that you miss.
6.All listed meals are Chinese food unless otherwise noted. Please notify us ahead of time for any dietary restrictions (allergies, vegetarian, kosher, etc.).
7.Please ensure personal and travel information is entered correctly. Ctrip will not refund any losses that result from incorrect and missing information.
8.Bookings made after 7:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.