Day Tour | Group Tour
Depart: daily | Book in advance: 1 day
Summer Palace | Badaling Great Wall | Cancel 24+ hours in advance for Free!
Summer Palace (颐和园)
An excellent expression of China's imperial spirit, the Summer Palace should be explored at leisure, even if it means setting aside a full day just to wander around soaking up the atmosphere. That said, if you're short on time, even a few hours exploring the halls, courtyards, pavilions, temples and wooded hillsides of this opulent lakeside retreat should prove a highlight of your Beijing visit.
Great Wall of China at Badaling (八达岭长城)
Only a 70 km (44 mi) drive from Beijing, Badaling is the most visited section of the Great Wall. Constructed during the Ming Dynasty, Badaling underwent extensive reconstruction during the 1950s and 1980s and now features amenities that invading barbarians would certainly kill for, from cable car rides to snack stands, caged bears, souvenir shops and restaurants, not to mention air-conditioned tour buses traveling down the expressway which links this length of wall to the capital.
7:00-8:00 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 4th(N)-2nd(S)-3rd(E&W) Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise additional charge applies.
10:00 a.m. Summer Palace (about 1 hour)
12:00 p.m. Transfer to Badaling Great Wall (about 2 hours)
2:00 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant
2:30 p.m. Great Wall of China at Badaling (about 2 hours)
6:00 p.m. Transfer to hotel
• Please note: 2 shopping stops (Chinese traditional medcine & jade) will be arranged during the trip, about 45 minutes each.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Cost of cable car or toboggan on Great Wall
2) Cost of boat ride in Kunming Lake
3) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product. Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 24 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
On departure date you will be picked up from hotel (please check the pickup range as specified in details). You will be contacted before 11:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
Please call us @010-51652700 for any urgent matters.
This tour is not open to Chinese passport holders.
Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.