Day Tour | Private Tour
Daily | Book 1 day before
Mutianyu Great Wall | Summer Palace | Cancel 24+ hours in advance for Free!
Great Wall of China at Mutianyu (慕田峪长城)
No trip to China would be complete without a visit to the Great Wall, and the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu will not disappoint you. Get unparalleled views of one of the best-preserved sections of this famous icon and its spectacular surrounds. Located in Huairou Rural District, about 70 km (44 mi) from Beijing, the Mutianyu segment of the Great Wall connects with the Juyong Pass to the west and Gubeikou to the east—two of the wall's key strategic points. With a length of 2,250 m (2,460 yd), the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall has 22 watchtowers—the highest at an altitude of 540 m (1,772 ft). You can ascend via the ancient roadway running through Mutianyu Pass, or there's a cable car if you'd like to skip the strenuous hike up. To head back down, there's also a toboggan which makes for an eventful decent.
Summer Palace (颐和园)
An excellent expression of China's imperial spirit, the Summer Palace should be explored at leisure, even if it means setting aside a full day just to wander around soaking up the atmosphere. That said, if you're short on time, even a few hours exploring the halls, courtyards, pavilions, temples and wooded hillsides of this opulent lakeside retreat should prove a highlight of your Beijing visit.
8:30 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 4th Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise additional charge applies.
10:00 a.m. Great Wall of China at Mutianyu (about 2 hours)
You have 3 options to get on to the wall:
Option 1 Walk through the Foot Path from the entrance to the Watch Tower No. 10;
Option 2 Take the cable car to Watch Tower No. 14;
Option 3 Take the chair lift to Watch Tower No. 6.
It is the most beautiful and authentic part from tower No. 14/No. 20 and the tower No. 20 is the highest point of the Mutianyu section. In this case, the cable car is highly recommended if you prefer to walk to the top of the wall (tower No. 20). However, you can also choose to take the chair lift up, if you would like to enjoy the Toboggan and slide down from the wall.
1:00 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense)
2:00 p.m. Summer Palace (about 1.5 hours)
5:30 p.m. Drive back to your hotel
• Please note: 1 shopping stop (tea) will be arranged during the trip, about 30 minutes.
Upon your tour finished, your driver can wait another 20 minutes for you to refresh and drop you at your dinner place if you have any idea where you would like to go.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in details
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 24 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 10:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Adam @13911199167 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.