Day Tour | Private Tour
Daily except Monday | Book 1 day before
Forbidden City | Mutianyu Great Wall | Cancel 24+ hours in advance for Free! | Quality Review
Tian'anmen Square (天安门广场)
Standing in the middle of Tian'anmen Square, one is confronted with overwhelming representations of China's past and present powers-that-be, cast in an immense space that dramatizes China's modern history in spectacular fashion. Standing on ground where the Emperor's high officials once did business in classical courtyards and halls, one now finds the world's largest public square, with Mao's Mausoleum, the Great Hall of the People and the Monument to the People's Heroes defining a space that is both austere and grand—and saturated with history and its ironies.
Forbidden City (紫禁城)
The Forbidden City, or "former palace" (故宫), is one of the must-see sights in Beijing. In the afternoon sunshine, the red walls and golden roof tiles cast a glow across the vast courtyards of this symbol of China's mighty imperial past. If pressed for time, try to spend at least half a day exploring; if you have more time, consider return trips—the Forbidden City's stately spaces and myriad treasures are best lingered over.
Great Wall of China at Mutianyu (慕田峪长城)
No trip to China would be complete without a visit to the Great Wall, and the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu will not disappoint you. Get unparalleled views of one of the best-preserved sections of this famous icon and its spectacular surrounds. Located in Huairou Rural District, about 70 km (44 mi) from Beijing, the Mutianyu segment of the Great Wall connects with the Juyong Pass to the west and Gubeikou to the east—two of the wall's key strategic points. With a length of 2,250 m (2,460 yd), the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall has 22 watchtowers—the highest at an altitude of 540 m (1,772 ft). You can ascend via the ancient roadway running through Mutianyu Pass, or there's a cable car if you'd like to skip the strenuous hike up. To head back down, there's also a toboggan which makes for an eventful decent.
8:00 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 4th Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise additional charge applies.
9:00 a.m. You have 2 options to start your tour today.
Option 1: You will be dropped at the closest site of the Tiananmen Square and then pass the security check (normally 10-20 minutes waiting in the queue). Walk on the square and enjoy the Monument to the People's Heroes, Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao, Great Hall of the People & the National Museum. Walk through Chang'an Avenue, Tiananmen Tower, Duanmen Tower to the entrance of the Forbidden City - the Meridian Gate (about 20 minutes).
Option 2: You will be dropped at the East Gate of Forbidden City and then walk along the city moat to the entrance of the Forbidden City without security check. (about 10 minutes)
9:30 a.m. Forbidden City (about 2 hours, closed on Mondays)
11:00 a.m. Transfer to Mutianyu Great Wall
12:30 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense) Also, you can choose to get a sandwich through Subway and take it away.
1:00 p.m. Great Wall of China at Mutianyu (about 2 hours)
You have 3 options to get on to the wall:
Option 1 Walk through the Foot Path from the entrance to the Watch Tower No. 10;
Option 2 Take the cable car to Watch Tower No. 14;
Option 3 Take the chair lift to Watch Tower No. 6.
It is the most beautiful and authentic part from tower No. 14/No. 20 and the tower No. 20 is the highest point of the Mutianyu section. In this case, the cable car is highly recommended if you prefer to walk to the top of the wall (tower No. 20). However, you can also choose to take the chair lift up, if you would like to enjoy the Toboggan and slide down from the wall.
6:00 p.m. Drive back to your hotel
• Please note: 1 shopping stop (tea) will be arranged during the trip, about 30 minutes.
Upon your tour finished, your driver can wait another 20 minutes for you to refresh and drop you at your dinner place if you have any idea where you would like to go.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees and transportation as listed in details
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 24 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 10:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Adam @13911199167 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.