Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
Depart: daily | Book in advance: 1 day
Simatai Great Wall | Cancel 24+ hours in advance for Free!
Simatai Great Wall (司马台长城)
The Simatai section of the Great Wall is located in the northeast of Miyun County, about 140 kilometers from downtown Beijing. It was first built in the early Hongwu years (1368-1398) of the Ming Dynasty. Simatai Great Wall has received very little renovation and still retains all its original look. It has been listed by the UNESCO as one of the World Cultural Heritages.
Simatai Great Wall is divided into two parts by the Simatai Reservoir, we choose to hike up the east section of Simatai Great Wall about 3 hours. East section of the wall is more photogenic and treacherous. After you climb up to the 10th tower (you are not allowed to go further to other 6 towers due to safety reason). You may either hike down or take a cable car down(optional).
5:30-7:00 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 2nd Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise please go to McDonalds next to Dongzhimen Metro Station Exit C.
9:30 a.m. Transfer to Simatai Great Wall (about 2.5 hours)
10:00 a.m. Simatai Great Wall (about 3 hours)
1:30 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant
6:00 p.m. We will drop you off at Dongzhimen Metro Station.
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
1) Cost of cable car on Jinshanling Great Wall
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking. Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product. Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 24 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
On departure date you will be picked up from hotel (please check the pickup range as specified in details). You will be contacted before 11:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide. We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
Please call us @010-51652700 for any urgent matters.
This tour is not open to Chinese passport holders.
Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled activity will be canceled.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.