Day Tour | No-Shopping | Group Tour
Tue.Thu.Sat | Book 1 day before
Forbidden City | Temple of Heaven | Summer Palace | Cancel 24+ hours in advance for Free! | Hot!
Forbidden City (紫禁城)
The Forbidden City, or "former palace" (故宫), is one of the must-see sights in Beijing. In the afternoon sunshine, the red walls and golden roof tiles cast a glow across the vast courtyards of this symbol of China's mighty imperial past. If pressed for time, try to spend at least half a day exploring; if you have more time, consider return trips—the Forbidden City's stately spaces and myriad treasures are best lingered over.
Temple of Heaven (天坛)
The Temple of Heaven, completed in 1420 during the reign of the Ming Emperor Yongle, was the most sacred space in which the emperor—also known as the Son of Heaven—performed the most important sacrifices and rites. The gods of earth, water, war, and civilian affairs were all honored, but it was the god of agriculture who received special attention. On the winter solstice, the emperor, after ritual fasts and purification, would beseech Heaven for bountiful harvests.
Summer Palace (颐和园)
An excellent expression of China's imperial spirit, the Summer Palace should be explored at leisure, even if it means setting aside a full day just to wander around soaking up the atmosphere. That said, if you're short on time, even a few hours exploring the halls, courtyards, pavilions, temples and wooded hillsides of this opulent lakeside retreat should prove a highlight of your Beijing visit.
7:30-8:30 a.m. Beijing downtown hotel pickup
• Please note: Free pickup/drop-off available for hotels situated within the 3rd Ring Road of Beijing, otherwise additional charge applies.
9:00 a.m. Forbidden City (about 2.5 hours, closed on Mondays)
12:00 p.m. Temple of Heaven (about 1 hour)
1:30 p.m. Lunch at a local restaurant
3:00 p.m. Summer Palace (about 1.5 hours)
6:00 p.m. Drive back to your hotel
1) English-speaking guide service
2) Admission fees, meals and transportation as listed in details
3) Travel Accident Insurance
1) Cost of boat ride in Kunming Lake
2) Personal expenses, optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned
• This tour is not open to Chinese passport holders.
• Bookings made after 6:00 p.m. the day before departure will be canceled.
• Children under the age of 3 are free of charge, which is based on no seat occupancy.
• Children 3-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m are entitled to a discount, please check the price published onsite.
• Children 3-12 years old but over 1.2m in height are required to pay an additional fee (CNY50) on site.
• Please call or email Ctrip if you need to cancel your booking.
• Modification is not accepted, please cancel your booking first and rebook the product.
• Free cancellation for bookings canceled at least 24 hours in advance. No refund will be granted for cancellations made after this time.
How to Join the Group:
• On departure date you will be picked up from hotel, please check the pickup range as specified in details.
• You will be contacted before 11:00 p.m. the day before departure to confirm pickup information regarding your driver and/or tour guide.
We may contact you via phone (if provided), hotel reception, or email. If we cannot reach you before this time, please call the emergency contact number which you will find listed on the confirmation email.
• Please call Mike @13811004692 for any urgent matters.
- Children: 2-12 years old and shorter than 1.2m (3 ft 11 in)
- Each child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Prices for group products are fixed. For private products, the bigger the group the lower the price per person.